Everyone has their own opinions on and definitions of love, but perhaps the most ridiculous, must-read explanations of this noblest of emotions come from the users of Urban Dictionary. Sometimes cynical, always funny, these quips are not to be missed.
According to Urban Dictionary, love is:
1. Nature's way of tricking people into reproducing. – Anonymous
2. Either a horrible disease or a blessing. – antigamer.com
3. Nature’s way of letting you know that even when you're happy you can still feel extreme pain. – james:P
4. A widespread incurable disease which is known to affect the mind and sometimes the body. Symptoms may include: Affected judgment, lightheadedness, eye-watering, chest pains, and increased need to be with the person who infected you. Is known to be highly contagious and can be deadly. – The Morgan Hammond
5. Being lame together while not caring about what other people think. – nikachu(:
6. The most noble dementia. – Sun Tzu
7. A cursed disease that will always be incurable by any man. It is also, ironically, "evol" spelled backwards. – Alex T.
8. A human emotion caused by a chemical imbalance of serotonin in the brain. – Krinkles
9. [A] rare psychological malfunction caused by an undetermined amount of interaction with another person. – Pyrotek
10. A wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker. – Anonomousssss lover
11. Being broke together. – JasperFSC
12. A vile insidious curse that plagues all man kind. – Philip Hornsby
13. A form of amnesia when a girl forgets there are 1.2 billion other guys in the world. – EmileeeJayne
14. That stupid thing your heart does when it won't listen to your brain yelling at it to shut up. – stuckonnatalie
15. An evil, evil thing that causes you to do and say things that can possibly embarrass you. – Champ Miller
16. The treacherous side-effect of procreation. – tekmonster
17. A socially acceptable form of addiction. – PsychoPsyche
More juicy content from YourTango:
- 25 Romantic Ways To Say 'I Love You'
- 5 Ways To Be Happy About Your Love Life Right Now!
- Love Quotes On YourTango