On Saturday, basketball great Michael Jordan married his longtime love, model Yvette Prieto. The couple, who has been dating for five years and lived together in the Miami suburb of Kendall, Fla. since 2009, wed at Episcopal Church of Bethesda-by-the-Sea in Palm Beach—the same church where Donald Trump married his current wife, Melania.
The lavish wedding was attended by nearly 500 guests (including Tiger Woods), and was followed by a reception of nearly 2,000 people, during which both Usher and Robin Thicke performed. The bride wore a custom-made J'Aton Couture gown made of French silk voile, handmade silk lace and embellished with Swarovski crystals, and her wedding cake was a seven-layer white rum cake decorated with the couple's monograms and crystal broaches.
More from YourTango: Oh Dear Santa. Is 'Love Actually 2' Really Happening?!
In addition to her opulent taste, here's a little more about the new Mrs.:
1) At 34 years old, she's 16 years younger than her 50-year-old groom.
2) The model has worked for the likes of designer Alexander Wang.
3) She once dated Julio Iglesias, Jr.—that's the not-as-famous, older brother of Enrique Iglesias.
4) The Cuban-born beauty filed for bankruptcy in 2002, but supposedly fixed her financial situation two years later.
More from YourTango: I'm Still More Single Than Tom Hanks In 'Cast Away.'
5) She was reportedly happy to sign a pre-nuptial agreement before the wedding, which will protect her husband’s $650 million dollar fortune should the marriage fail.
More love content from YourTango:
- 25 Romantic Ways To Say 'I Love You'
- 5 Ways To Be Happy About Your Love Life Right Now!
- I Love You: 15 Ways Guys Say It Without Saying It