No matter how old you are, chances are you've engaged in one of the latest texting trends: sexting. Sexting is sending a somewhat naughty text to someone in hopes of revving up their engine, if you will. Whether flirting with the new guy in your life or wanting to heat things up in your long-term relationship, a strategic sext is a great way to lure your crush or partner in. It's also a great way to initiate dirty talk into your repertoire if the idea of saying the words in person make you somewhat nervous.
By following these tips below, you'll be geared up to give good sext in no time.
1. Don't use abbrevs. Part of the reason why sexting is so hot is because when you read a sext, it's as if the sender is talking dirty to you. This is why, when sexting, it's important to use full words and speak verbatim. In the middle of a sac-sesh, you would never use abbreviations to talk to dirty, so don't use them in a sext to cut back letters. It takes away from the whole point of sexting. Oh, and it also makes you look lazy, and if someone wants to bed you, they would rather know you will go the extra mile. Rule of thumb: Type it just as you would say it. 'Sexting' And 'Mankini' Are Officially In The Dictionary
2. Don't use big words. The whole point of sexting is to be flirtatious and tempt the fella of your fancy with words to make him crave you. Using big words or innuendos might throw him off, especially when the dude has no idea WTF you're talking about. Save innuendos, lines and big words for the texts you send your friends. When sexting, the more direct and clear your words and intentions are, the better.
More from YourTango: The Pleasure Is Yours: How Your Brain Interprets Food As Love
3. Be playful. Nothing captures someone's attention like quick wit. Use a pun when possible when initiating sexting. This will throw him off, because what you say can have double meaning. For example, if he's describing a new item he just bought, you can ask, "How big is it? ;)" If he's into you, he'll interpret it the naughty way, therefore making him initiate the actual sexting if he's into it. This puts the ball in his court, just where you want it to be.
More from YourTango: Sex Stories #121: The Booty Call That Almost Scarred Me For Life
4. Be wary of auto-correct. The second you send a sext with a misspelled word (or a word that wasn't meant to be shared in the first place) is the same second you ruin the mood. It's a total buzz kill, and even if you make a joke out of it, that caught-up, steamy mode you were both in totally changes. Before pressing send, re-read your text and be wary of auto-correct and misspelled words.
More juicy content from YourTango:
- Text Message Flirting For Beginners
- Surprise! Women More Likely To Sext Than Men
- How To Have Phone Sex: Tips For Beginners