Even if you're a masturbation pro, there are still ways to spruce up your technique. Like having sex, there are many ways to masturbate and adding new things to your usual menu of choices is a great way to keep things exciting. Here are some tips, in Honor of National Masturbation Month:
1. Tool. Some women prefer their hands, others their collection of vibrators, and, as a few of my friends will attest to, a shower head with appropriate pressure can also be a great clit pleaser. If you're usually a shower or vibrator person, try just your hand for a change and vice versa. You don't really know just how hard you can orgasm if you don't try different tools for satisfaction.
2. Mood. For many people, masturbation is a means to put horniness to an end or to relieve stress, but why should it stop there? If you're having a horrible day, masturbate to take your mind off things and set your mood right. Or if you have pain in some part of your body, masturbating, again, can take your mind off that pain, at least for a few minutes, and do some heavy-duty soothing.
3. Location. I have friends who LOVE to masturbate during the work day, and do so on a regular basis. They love it for both the excitement of possibly getting caught (don't know why you'd want your boss to possibly see that, but I digress), and because it breaks up the day quite nicely. There also those who do it during long car rides, in public and a whole slew of other places. Basically, for some, when the urge is there, they slip their hand in their undies and go for the rubdown.
4. Buddy. Mutual masturbation, although it may seem difficult at first, is really fun. If you and your partner are comfortable enough, take a spot on the floor, couch or wherever, then throw in some dirty talk and you've got yourself a party. Stimulating yourself while your partner does the same is really hot and provides for some intense anticipation of what might be next.
5. Time. If you usually masturbate before bed, why not try it in the morning, before work? Starting your day with an orgasm is practically a guarantee for a day of pleasant thoughts.
6. Stimulation. Whether it's music that turns you on (Marvin Gaye, anyone?), porn or whatever outside source it takes you get you feeling frisky, don't forget to include it. Just because you're reaching climax solo style doesn't mean you should ignore outside aspects that will enhance your experience.
7. Exploration. Don't just focus on your clitoris! Yes, many more women than not experience clitoral orgasms as opposed to vaginal and G spot related ones, but they do exist! Your time alone with your body is your time to explore your goodies and see exactly what feels best and how to get to that feeling.
8. Fantasize. You have an imagination for a reason. Sure, it's for more than just imaging Ryan Gosling throwing you over the couch and giving you the ol' in-out, but it also doesn't hurt to put it into overdrive when you're masturbating. Shut your eyes and let your fantasies unravel.
9. Be a tease. Men will tell you being a tease is no fun — well for them, no, but when you're masturbating, don't be afraid to tease yourself. If you're not in a rush, bring yourself to the brink of orgasm, then stop yourself. The stronger the build up and tension you can create, the greater the sensation will be. This is another technique that you'll be able to incorporate into your sex life, especially if you have a wee bit of dominance play going on between the sheets.
For more ideas, check out our friends The Stir: 25 Ways To Have An Orgasm
More juicy content from YourTango: