January and February don't have the happiest reputations, as far as months go. The short days and cold nights, the post-holiday hangover, the fact that summer is such a long time away... This can all take a toll on your relationship if you're not careful. The good news is, what may seem like a relationship rut is most likely just the winter blues — something tons of people suffer from without even knowing it. More good news: There are many fun, easy ways to inject some fun into your relationship in the winter and keep from getting bored. Here are some of our favorite ideas:
1. Oscars fun. Catch up on all the Oscar-nominated movies together before the big awards show on Feb. 26. This means a lot of steamy movie nights together (I mean, come on, who has actually seen The Artist yet?) Then it's time for a little healthy competition: Write in your predictions for every category, and see who gets more of them right! Refresh your memory on who was nominated here: 2012 Oscar Nominations: Brad Pitt, Melissa McCarthy & More!
More from YourTango: 16 Bachelorette Party Traditions That Need To Be Retired
2. Superbowl madness. Throw a Superbowl party together. Even if he likes football and you don't (or vice versa), planning a menu, inviting friends and prepping for the big game will help you bond and have fun. Our favorite big-game snack foods are sliders and pigs in a blanket: munchies you'll both love.
3. Fun in the snow. Get out there and go ice skating, sledding, you name it. Even if it's not cold or snowy where you live, being active together boosts your endorphins, which puts both of you in a better mood (fewer fights!) Read more about the benefits of active dates: 5 Reasons To Get Some Action On The First Date.
4. Margarita party. Then again, sometimes being inactive is the optimal choice. Our editor Faye suggests cranking up the heat for an hour, making margaritas (put sugar on the rim for a sweet variation), and jamming out to Bob Marley. Every little thing is gonna be alright.
More from YourTango: The 'Taylor Swift Syndrome': Do You Get Too Close Too Fast?
5. Shop til you drop. We all know that men can be fashion-challenged. Go shopping together, and help him pick out a scarf or peacoat that'll spruce up his style a little. He'll appreciate all the effort you put into helping him with a task he's clueless about, and you'll appreciate that he no longer looks like a schlub. I'm pretty sure Jonah Hill has a girlfriend who does just this. I mean, have you seen his transformation recently?
6. TV time. Watch an entire season of a TV show together in a weekend, suggests our editor Tom. That type of laziness takes real dedication, and will result in some major bonding. You'll be quoting or analyzing it for weeks to come, especially if it's something meaty like The West Wing or The Wire. And make sure it's a show neither of you has seen before, so it's a new discovery for both.