1. Gather your materials: wax strips, baby powder, body scrub, body lotion, and tooth numbing cream.
More from YourTango: 10 Surprising Things That Turn Men On
2. Start by exfoliating with a body scrub to soften your body hair and open up the hair follicles, to make for an easier, less painful wax. Go easy so that you're not irritating your skin, making for a more painful wax.
3. Minimize the ouch factor even more by applying a tooth numbing cream to the area you're waxing. We're not promising pain-free, but this pro tip does make a difference! Sensitive skin? Make sure you're not waxing while you have your period, when you're more sensitive to pain.
4. Soak up excess moisture with baby powder. Any excess oil or moisture on your skin will make it harder for the wax to adhere to your hair, so make sure not to moisturize after exfoliating. 5 Steps To Smooth, Must-Touch Skin
5. Time to get down to business! Application will depend on what kind of wax kit you're using (whether they're ready-made strips with the wax already on them or if you're applying the wax directly to your skin first), so follow the directions on the box. Make sure you're applying the wax or wax strip in the direction of your hair growth, and then rub the strip hard in that same direction.
6. Brace yourself and pull! Once the wax is warm on your skin, pull the surrounding skin taught, grab the end of the wax strip, and pull. The trick is to keep the wax strip as close your skin as possible as you're pulling it off. Pretend you're peeling the skin of a banana: there's no need to pull the skin dramatically up and away.
More from YourTango: 14 Things Men Love, According To Science
7. Wash off any wax residue in cool water (not hot: it'll hurt!), and moisturize! We sometimes like to use a little baby oil instead of lotion, for an extra sexy sheen.
More Juicy Content From YourTango: