Despite having the most information (ever) at our fingertips and the greatest likelihood (ever) of being caught and made an object of public scorn and ridicule for doing dumb things, we are living in an age of people doing really dumb stuff. Sure, people have always done super ridiculous stuff (like creating the Anglican church) but, somewhere between Say Anything and Jackass, we started making a bunch of questionable calls about love and relationships. Here are the most interesting things we learned from the past year's worth of weird news.
1. Couple Sneaks Into House For Sex, Leaves Tape Behind
Fooling around outdoors can feel thrilling, especially considering the chance of getting caught. But as we learned, breaking into a house and leaving behind a video of the business is really dumb.
More from YourTango: Who Are You Trying To Fool With Those Spanx?
2. Hotel Offers Free Stay To Couples Willing To Make A Sex Tape
If you want the thrill of being seen, try leaving the blinds open OR stay at this hotel for free.
3. Survey Shows Many Young Brits Not Sure Where Babies Come From
You may have to let youngish Brits watch you in that sex hotel because, according to a survey, many of them don’t know where babies come from.
4. Many People On ED Medication Getting STDs
It would also behoove them to know that just because you're old and can't conceive, it doesn't mean that you can't still transmit VDs. Because, evidently, older folks on Viagra don’t know this.
5. Indonesian Guy Gets Pressured Into Marrying Cow
Interspecies lovin' is never a good idea, a fact that one Indonesian fellow learned when he was forced to marry a cow after forcing himself upon it. The touching ceremony was followed not by a raucous reception, but by a slaughtering of the violated cow.
6. Mom Frames Daughter For Terrorism To Halt Wedding
That's not the only wedding to come to a weird end. A mom decided to stop her daughter's wedding by framing her for terrorism. Lesson learned? Mothers will go to great lengths to forcibly inject themselves into your love life.
7. Finally, There Are Weddings At McDonalds
Weddings are now budget-friendly! Yep. And you can now have your very own McWedding (in China).
8. Turkish Wedding Goes Awry When AK-47 Involved
Guns and weddings don’t mix. Self-explanatory, right?
9. More Reasons Why Guns And Weddings Don't Mix
But apparently, it's a lesson we had to learn twice.
10. Twitter Lands Chinese Couple In Jail On Their Wedding Day
But guns and terrorist threats aren’t the only things ruining weddings. Sometimes Twitter does, too. Tweetsie says, "be discreet when you tweet."
11. Japanese Couple Married By A Robot Priest
Then again, sometimes technology actually pulls a wedding together. In Japan, a robot officiated a wedding, and managed to restrain itself from zapping anyone with lasers.
12. Japan And The US Battling For Pillow Girlfriend Supremacy
And this robot pastor may have helped the Japanese outpace the U.S. in the most crucial technology of all: pillow girlfriends. Pillows can lead to fulfilling love lives, people. Honest. Ask James Franco.
13. iPhoner Have More Sex Than Blackberry Or Droid Users
Want to get some action? We're not sure if they're having sex with pillows or not, but iPhone users do it more than people using a Droid or a Blackberry.
More from YourTango: I Love You, Now Stop Making Me Fat
More Juicy Content From YourTango: