Ever feel anxious around your significant other? Check out these 20 confidence boosters.
There are many ways to feel more confident about your relationship, but here are 20 to get your started. Take the reins or the bull by the horns (or whatever else comes to mind), and start feeling more confident!
1. Don't snoop unless you really have good reason not to trust him. Emails and voicemails taken out of context can cause a lot of unnecessary heartache. The Frisky: Factors In Making Love Last (Or Not)
2. Give him a little friendly competition. It doesn't hurt for him to know that your tall, built, wildly successful artist friend from college periodically tells you you're the one who got away and it's the biggest regret of his life. The Frisky: Should You Pursue A Second Shot With "The One That Got Away"?
3. Skip the games and be up front. If something's bothering you, tell him directly. Guys don't know what to make of it, and it shakes them up and gives you the upper hand. The Frisky: 20 Things You Should Never Do Without Consulting Your Significant Other
4. Be confident in yourself. Finish your degree, apply for the better job, or write that novel. If you have a good sense of your own self worth you'll be confident in your relationship. The Frisky: 13 Ways To Compliment A Woman
5. Set some ground rules at the beginning. If you both agree that Friday is the night for hanging out with your friends separately, it won't be a conflict when he wants to play poker or you want to take a short road trip with some girlfriends. The Frisky: 20 Ways To Feel More Confident About Your Relationship
6. Don't let the relationship progress too far without discussing major issues. Having children, religious differences, whether either of you is willing to relocate for a job—these can be landmines in the future. The Frisky: Would You Go To Europe To Find The One?
7. Work out. It reduces stress and releases endorphins and makes you hot. The Frisky: Do You Struggle With Your Body Image?
9. Avoid the temptation to endlessly analyze details. If he wears the shirt his ex-girlfriend bought him, it may just mean that it's the only clean white shirt he has that day. The Frisky: Study Says That Facebook Makes You More Jealous
10. Similarly, avoid discussing relationship issues with paranoid girlfriends. Paranoia is contagious, and before you know it, you'll be worrying if your boyfriend is cheating, because your friend's husband came home smelling of Angel when she only wears Poison. The Frisky: Girl Talk: He's Slept With 150 Women But Won't Have Sex With Me
11. Have lots of outside interests apart from the relationship. When you start to feel insecure it helps to have something else to obsess over. The Frisky: MERRIMe, A New Web Comedy About Online Dating
- Most Parents Suck At Talking About The Birds And The Bees
- Wife Gives Husband's Mistress Abortion Pill
- Dating Don'ts: How To Handle Envy