Here's how to tell her how you really feel ...
Love takes on an endless different number of forms, but there's nothing quite like the bond of love between a mother and her child
You can see it on a mother's face when her baby takes his few first steps, you hear it in a toddler's giggle in the throes of a tickle fight with her mom, and feel it fill a room when a mother dances at her son's wedding. It's a kind of unconditional love that can't be properly put into words.
Day in and day out we try to put into words and express how much our mothers mean to us. This of course can be difficult and certainly very private.
We make mistakes-yet our mothers are there to welcome us with open arms and continue guiding us through life.
Still, that doesn't mean that authors, musicians, poets and speakers haven't all tried to express what it means to be a mother and, in turn, to feel a mother's love. In honor of Mother's Day or any day, these Mother's Day quotes guaranteed to make mom smile, laugh and cry happy tears.
1. "The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new."
2. "When you look into your mother's eye, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth."
3. "Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There's no bond so strong in the entire world."
4. "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside of your body."
5. "In a child's eyes, a mother is a goddess. I am convinced that this is the greatest power in the universe."
6. "Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn't know you had, and dealing with fears you didn't know existed."
7. "Before becoming a mother I had a hundred theories on how to bring up children. Now, I have seven children and only one theory: love them, especially when they least deserve to be loved."
8. "Mothers are all slightly insane."
9. "When your mother asks, 'Do you want a piece of advice?' it's a mere formality. It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. You're going to get it anyway."
10. "A mother takes twenty years to make a man of her boy, and another woman makes a fool of him in twenty minutes."
11. "All I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."
12. "A mother is the truest friend we have."
13. "My mother ... she is beautiful, softened at the edges, and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her."
14. "As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. I cannot now imagine a life without her."
15. "But behind all your stories is always your mother's story, because hers is where yours begins."
17. "Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love."
18. "God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers."
19. "A mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories."
19. "Motherhood: All love begins and ends there."
20. "The love of a mother is the veil of a softer light between the heart and the heavenly Father."
21. "My mother is a walking miracle."
22. "Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws."
23. "Who's a boy gonna talk to if not his mother?"
25. "Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried job s... since the payment is pure love."