... featuring advice from Experts Mark Dilworth, Lorina Shinsato, Rico Caveglia & Brenda Deere!
One sure-fire way to improve your body image is to improve your overall health. Getting in better shape, eating healthy foods, and generally practicing a healthy lifestyle is your best bet for feeling good about your body. However, if you're like us, you're overwhelmed by the plethora of measures you can to take to improve your health. That's why we asked our experts to narrow down the list for us. Check it out below.
1. Change your mind to change your body. You must first adopt an attitude of gratitude for the body that is uniquely you. Learn to love the body that shows up when you consistently take action on getting your body as healthy and as fit as possible to suit your lifestyle. —Rico Caveglia
2. Breathe! Every metabolic function in our bodies requires lots of oxygen. Nothing is more important for mental and physical health than supplying our bodies with maximum amounts of oxygen. I recommend taking a yoga/breathing class to learn deep breathing exercises. —Rico Caveglia
3. Drink more water. Water ought to be one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Drink more of it and you'll reap all kinds of body benefits. Your skin will be softer, your complexion clearer, you'll eat less, your hair and nails will stay hydrated and you'll feel more energetic throughout the day. Most active people need one half their weight in pounds of ounces of water per day. —Rico Caveglia
4. Eat real food. You are what you eat. In order for your body to look and feel its best, it requires the highest quality fuel. Real food is what is grown in nature; organic fruits, veggies, whole grains, nuts, seeds and healthy animal products raised naturally without hormones and chemicals additives. —Rico Caveglia
5. Eat at home. You must avoid restaurants and highly processed packaged foods and prepare the vast majority of your meals to be healthy. —Rico Caveglia
6. Move it or lose it. Regular movement consisting of; aerobic, strength and flexibility exercises will give you an energetic, fit, healthy looking body you will be proud of. —Rico Caveglia
More love advice from YourTango: