Stop letting your insecurities ruin your sex life!
Okay ladies, I know you all have something about your body you wish you could change, alter, or delete. News flash: you are not perfect and you never will be. I bet these flaws or what I like to call "beauty marks" get in your way when it's time to get down and dirty with your honey. Yes? Go ahead, raise your hand. Don't be a chicken. We have all been here at one time or another.
I bet your thoughts went something like this, "Oh no, do you think he will see the cellulite on my ass and be disgusted? I hope he doesn't grab my love handles! Boy I wish I had perkier breasts or tighter thighs." Blah, blah, blah!
Did you know that women statistically have lower levels of sexual satisfaction because they are uncomfortable with their body image? Come on ladies, did you ever stop to think that your man or significant other doesn't care about that "in the moment?" They are soaking in your beauty, enjoying your rockin' body, and not inspecting your imperfections — I promise. So who is losing out in here? It's you silly.
1. Get naked, girl. Go figure … the fastest way to get over your body image issues is to spend some time naked. Be in the buff ladies. Take it all off. Walk around your house with nothing on. Watch TV, read a book, do the dishes, exercise, whatever activity you would normally do. Start with 5 minutes.
Increase to 10, 20, 30, whatever it takes. The key here is to start being comfortable in your own skin, and to focus on an activity without thinking about the fact that you have no clothes on.
2. Step away from the scale. Listen up and do as I say, grab your scale and throw the damn thing out! Are you really going to tell me you are defined by a stupid number, really? You are so much more than that. You are a beautiful, sensual woman who deserves to have everything you want. Enough said.
3. Mirror magic. Do yourself a favor and make it a point everytime you look into the mirror, to focus on your best qualities. Try it. Amazing shit happens. Make it a point to only have thoughts or make comments about your good parts. Don't you dare tell me you don't have any because we all do. If you are having trouble figuring out what yours are, ask your friend, your spouse, or your lover. Or, focus on how awesome your hair looks, or how tiny your cute little nose is, or even that your ears are completely symmetrical. You get my point.
4. Shut yourself up. Have you ever really listened to the voice inside your head? It says some nasty things, doesn't it? Tell it to be quiet. Start fighting back by saying something positive instead. If your thought is "I am so ugly," replace it with, "I am one hot woman" or whatever fits your personality. Make it bold. You may laugh at yourself at first but if you keep repeating the positive statements, guess what? You start believing them!
5. Get moving and grooving. Get active — plain and simple. I am not telling you to start a regimented exercise program if that is not your thing. I am saying, "move!" Go for a walk, dance around the house, take a yoga class. Anything that is appealing and sounds fun to you. It has been scientifically proven that exercise or physical activity releases endorphins which makes you feel good. So go on, get off the couch or step away from the computer and shake it baby!