Taking a vacation with your partner is a great way to reconnect through new and interesting experiences. Whether it's a romantic trip abroad or sightseeing in a historic town, the most important aspect of traveling is just being together. 5 Inexpensive Fall Date Night Ideas
For many couples, a romantic getaway may be out of reach given their busy schedules with work, family or other obligations. So why not try a more realistic alternative? A "staycation" is a relaxing and fun way to find new experiences right at home. There are a number of ways to have fun and reconnect with your partner by spending a few days at home. Here are five ideas to try during your 'staycation':
1. Spice things up in the kitchen. Cook a meal you'd normally order at your favorite restaurant using online recipes; CopyKat.com or RecipeGoldmine.com are good websites for this. Also, it's important to set the ambiance by playing some fun tunes or lighting candles on the table.
2. Give a romantic massage. Take turns massaging each other using different techniques such as Swedish, Barefoot Deep Tissue and Soft Tissue. Create a sensual, calming environment by playing calming music, lighting candles and using scented oils. 5 Fun Moves To Spice Up Your Sex Life
3. Play a game with a twist. Try channeling your inner child by challenging each other in board games such as Clue, Scattergories and Monopoly. Put a sexy twist on any game by changing the rules — maybe the loser should have to strip off an article of clothing.
4. Learn a new language together. Experience the pleasure of learning a new language together. There are a number of YouTube videos and Podcasts specifically created to help people learn a foreign language. This is an inexpensive and interactive activity to do with your partner that is sure to help boost your common interests.
5. Add something more to sex. It's always a good idea to mix-up your regular sex routine with something more fun and exciting. Try a new position — the Kama Sutra guide is a great resource for taking sex to the next level. You could also try using a sex toy to increase tsexual pleasure for you and your partner. Stressed? 5 Incredibly Healthy Reasons To Rip His Clothes Off
A "staycation" doesn't involve much planning or money. It's a perfect simple and effective way to reconnect with your partner. And who knows? Spending this time together may just change the way you enjoy your time at home in the future!
More couples advice from YourTango Experts: