Make a first impression he'll never forget.
Whether you're trying your hand at speed dating or just looking to get the attention of that guy in the elevator who's caught your eye, often there's just not much time to make that initial connection. The good news is, a recent study by Stanford University indicates that you can make a meaningful connection with someone in as little as four minutes. So how does a great catch like you make sure he realizes what he's got in front of him as quickly as possible?
Here are a few quick flirting tips to make those first few minutes very memorable for him:
1. Show off your beautiful eyes. When you first start talking to him, gaze deeply and softly into his eyes, as though you're trying to understand him and see what makes him tick. They say the eyes are the windows to the soul, so look into them and see what that soul looks like. Are they bright, laughing eyes? Is there a kindness and sensitivity there? Try to relax and just enjoy the experience. Gazing into his eyes and allowing him to gaze into yours is one of the quickest ways of connecting with him.
2. Smile. As simple and obvious as it seems, people often forget to smile when caught in the midst of anxiety. But this is one of the fastest ways to make a connection with another person. Smiling will put you both at ease, will make you feel happier and will quickly convey to him that you are a confident, positive, and kind person—all of which are very attractive qualities that will make him remember you. Get in the habit of smiling often at various people throughout your day so that when you do run into someone you're interested in, it will come very naturally.
To get started on your own personal journey to true love, download Jane's complimentary guide, "Find Your True Love: 10 Simple Steps to Getting the Love You Want ... and Deserve."
3. Project confidence. Be confident in who you are. Remember that you're the one doing the choosing here and you want to find out if this guy is a good match for you (which, as we all know, is sometimes not the case). By knowing in your heart that you're great just the way you are and that the perfect match is out there waiting for you, you'll feel much more confident talking to someone you find attractive. Knowing that the likelihood of this is actually fairly low (since at this point, the only thing you know for sure is what he looks like) takes the pressure off and allows you to feel confident and just enjoy the interaction. Keep reading...
More flirting tips and advice from YourTango:
- 5 Fool-Proof Flirting Tips For Attracting Fellas
- Relationship Advice For Women: What Your Mom Never Told You
- Flirting Tips & Techniques on How to Flirt