It's a Friday night. Your girlfriends all have date nights planned with their boyfriends. They're going to dinner, the movies or staying in and spending time together. And you? You're alone and it doesn't take long for you to wonder why.
Well, the answer isn't as simple as you may think. In some cases, it's simpler than in others. Here are some of the most common reasons why a woman doesn't have that special man in her life:
1. Your standards are too high. It's great to have high standards. No woman should sell herself short and then be stuck in a situation she regrets. There is such a thing, however, as having standards that are too high.
What's the difference, you ask? Well, normal standards are something like this: "I want him to respect me, treat me right and be honest and decent." Too-high standards look like this: "He better drive a Lexus and have a job making six figures."
It's good to have expectations but ultimately, whether or not he's a high earner isn't going to bring you happiness or a stable relationship. Also, don't let your standards get in the way of a good guy. Sometimes, women will pass on a man, believing they can do better, only to settle with a lesser someone years later.
Always ask yourself if your standards are realistic. And more importantly, ask if your standards will nab you the man that will make you happy. 8 Most Desirable Qualities In Women ... According To Men
2. Negativity is your middle name. Do you need to win every argument? Are you confrontational or super defensive? Do you never give compliments, are always negative or can't be pleased? If so, this might be something to look at.
Believe it or not, there are certain personality traits that will turn men off, no matter how gorgeous a woman is. If you always walk into a relationship like nothing he does is good enough, he will not stick around. And if, when you first meet a man, you're not willing to engage him in conversation about his interests, he will also not stick around.
Don't be combative or hostile and don't let one thing he says turn you off to him completely. Open up a little more and don't stress. Men who see women as unfairly and overly negative usually head for the door.
3. You're going after the wrong guy. It happens all too often. You're able to pull what you think is a fantastic guy — good looking, charming, a guy girls women would kill for. He can get whoever he wants. And that's part of the problem.
If you're constantly seeking the guy who's going to make every woman jealous, keep in mind that this guy probably knows that he can get you and any other woman in the room. Thinking that the lotharios are the ones that want to stick around are where you're bound to get caught going after the wrong guy.
More dating advice from YourTango Experts:
- The Secret To Successful Online Dating
- 30 Dating Habits You Need To Lose By Age 30 (Part 1)
- Ladies, You Need To Watch Out For These Online Dating Red Flags