How to tell whether the guy you're seeing isn't interested in a relationship with you.
There are a few clear-cut ways to detect whether a man is into you or not. So save yourself the time, heartache, and emotions and learn to identify these dating warning signs so you can get out of a relationship before it gets ugly:
1. He doesn't call you his girlfriend. Pay attention to how he introduces you to others. If he introduces you as, "This is my girlfriend (Name)," two thumbs up! He's announcing to the world that you are his woman. If he introduces you as, "This is (Name)," that's a bad sign. He doesn't want people to know he's "with" you, or he doesn't feel serious enough about the relationship to make that claim.
2. He spends more time with his friends than with you. If he spends more time with his friends than with you, he may not be interested in anything serious. It's possible he isn't really with his friends at all. He might have another relationship going and you are the side piece.
3. It's three-six months in and you haven't met his family or friends. When a man is interested in you, he will showcase you like a trophy. If you've never met a close friend or member of his family, you are simply a play-toy or time filler until the right woman comes along.
4. He doesn't want a committed relationship. After a month or two, you should have a clear indication of whether you two are going to see each other exclusively or not. If he doesn't want a committed relationship with you, then he is keeping his options open for someone better.
5. You've been dating for awhile, but you've never seen his place. There are only two possible reasons for this. Either he is embarrassed by his living conditions, or he lives with another woman (girlfriend or wife) and possibly children. Keep reading...
More relationship advice from YourTango:
- Why Men Are More Distant Than Women In Relationships
- A New Twist On The 80/20 Rule For Relationships
- Find A Relationship Expert