Ready to make to make positive changes in your life? Get started by using Feng Shui techniques!
Life will be lived the way it is designed. So prepare your home, your mind and body, and be conscious of the environment so you can attract all the things you desire in your life this year.
Your home should be your “red bird” so that it reflects your promising future. This is a feng shui expression and it is a powerful tool that can help you create abundance in all areas of your life. Your mind and body should be refreshed, renewed and ready to accept opportunities. Do one good thing for Mother Earth and we are one step closer to a better world. So where do you start? Follow these simple tips and enjoy a healthy, happy and prosperous year!
1. Clean, de-clutter and beautify your home. This changes the energy and prepares the space to celebrate the wonderful things that are about to come into your life.
2. The cleansing properties of sea salt are used to renew the chi of spaces. To cleanse your home of old energies and create room for fresh energy follow these easy steps:
In a small bowl place 2 tablespoons of sea salt
add 2 cups of warm water
Moisten a cotton cloth or dish towel with the solution
Wipe down your front door and all of the doorknobs in your home
3. Pay down an overdue bill. Even if you can’t pay it off entirely, the intention is to begin to pay off some debt so it makes room for money to come in this year.
4. Update your lighting to include earth-friendly compact florescent light bulbs or LEDs. Just changing the six incandescent bulbs you use most often could save you over $100 a year on your energy bills.
5 . Instead of focusing on not eating to lose weight, have a healthful snack before you go out to dinner. It helps to keep your energy level up and keeps you from gorging on bread and butter at the restaurant.
6. Wear red this year. If red is not part of your wardrobe, fresh flowers or decorative pillows in this auspicious color is sure to set the atmosphere for a promising 20-12.
7. Make a list of all the things you want to come into your life this year. Light a candle and burn the list, releasing your wishes so the universe can provide them. Open your front door to allow this new energy to enter.
8. Make a change. Large or small revisions help to welcome in new energy. So go ahead, get a haircut, change your route to work, make a conscious effort to recycle or take ballroom dancing lessons and enjoy!
These tips can be accomplished on any budget, so no excuses! Don't worry that our New Year is over. This is also a wonderful way to start the Chinese New Year, which begins on January 23rd and is the year of the Dragon. The Dragon energy fills most people with energy, vitality and unbridled enthusiasm.
Let go of last year, especially if you've had challenges or troubles. Process them in your mind and then clear out your thoughts and emotions. Let go of expectations and make room for positive energy flow. Embrace optimistic thoughts, dream, laugh and love.
More from GalTime:
Debra Duneier is an accredited LEED® Green Associate, Certified Eco-Designer, Feng Shui Master Practitioner, Creator of EcoChi® and Author of EcoChi: Designing the Human Experience. www.ecochi.com
This article was originally published at Gal Time. Reprinted with permission from the author.