Fifteen tips to make him glad he's all yours.
Every relationship we have — even if it does not end in marital bliss — is a learning experience. Through trial and error, I have discovered what it takes to be a fantastic girlfriend.
For some men, straying is in their genes, and you really can't do anything about it, nor should you try. If he is the unfaithful type, let him go. As for the others, who may exhibit a glimmer of hope or simply have commitment in their DNA, the following reminders may be useful:
1. Remember: It's a man's nature to look. Don't go psycho just because you see him looking or talking to another female. Remember, it is in a man's nature to look. If he doesn't touch and you don't get jealous, it will keep him wanting you more. He will then work harder to keep your relationship going.
Same thing with nagging. When you continuously nag it will only annoy him more and then the nagging can turn into resentment. If you ask him to do something for you, do it once and then be patient. The screaming approach has never worked.
2. Avoid "fatal attraction" calling. Calling him over and over makes it look like you have nothing else going on in your life and thus are more needy than independent. Also, don't stalk him by any social media sites. That never goes down well either.
3. Let him see his friends. Don't turn into a b**ch when he wants to go out with his friends. Instead, embrace it. Give him something to remember you before he leaves and then tell him to have a wonderful time.
4. Remember: Food is the way to a man's heart. You do not have to be a gourmet chef, but if you have a few exciting recipes in your repertoire, then you will look even better. This is especially useful when he has his friends around. Give them their guy time and make food. If cooking is not your thing, have a great array of take-away menus at your disposal. Keep reading ...
More couples advice from YourTango:
- 5 Marriage Secrets From Happily Married (A Long Time!) Couples
- Survey Reveals The Real Reason Couples Get Divorced
- 22 Ways Couples Can Survive Infidelity (From Marriage Experts)