Ginger is a powerhouse of many beauty and health benefits.
People splash it in their teas, pile it on top of their sushi and incorporate it into various baked goods—all for a spicy and delectable kick of flavor. But did you know that ginger is capable of a lot more than just flavoring meals? It can provide the best self love treatment to you body.
Ginger is a powerhouse of many beauty and health benefits. This herb has been widely used as a form of traditional medicine in many different cultures around the world because of its ability to tackle many ailments naturally and efficiently. Continue reading to discover the many amazing benefits of ginger.
1) Helps appease irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)—People who suffer from irritable bowel syndrome will be delighted to know that ginger helps provide relief from some of the symptoms of this condition. Whether they take a ginger supplement, use a ginger root in their cooking, or brew a warm ginger tea, the spice has a calming effect on the digestive system and bowels.
2) It’s a natural pain reliever—Ginger can help relieve many body aches. Its anti-inflammatory properties help soothe stiff joints, sore muscles and can even pacify the symptoms of arthritis. People can even apply crushed ginger and a touch of warm water to their forehead to help get rid of a painful headache.
3) Protects against Alzheimer’s disease—Those who are at risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease should think about adding more ginger into their diet. Many studies have shown that ginger prevents the loss of brain cells that typically is a precursor to this condition. By preserving and protecting these brain cells you are extending the amount of time that you have being coherent and alert.
4) Stops motion sickness—Ginger has been commonly used as a natural remedy for motion sickness during air and water travel. This herb fights the symptoms of motion sickness, so you will not have to worry about feeling dizzy or nauseous.
5) Clears sinuses—For sinus relief without having to purchase expensive over-the-counter medications, turn to ginger! Ginger contains various nutrients that greatly benefit the sinuses, working to unclog them and promote drainage. A hot cup of ginger tea will provide you with all of these amazing benefits.
6) Fights cancer—There are certain cancers that ginger has been proven to help treat, including prostate and ovarian cancer. Research has shown that ginger can even completely destroy ovarian and prostate cancer cells. The various vitamins and minerals found in ginger also help prevent cancer.
7) Helps treat cramping—Ginger is an antispasmodic, meaning that is has the power to treat cramping—even those that are related with being gassy. The warming properties of ginger enhance blood flow of the gastrointestinal system to benefit digestion. While doing so, ginger can even help boost your metabolism!
Ginger contains more than twelve different antioxidants, making it an essential lifestyle staple for those who desire to live a healthy and happy life. Furthermore, this herb contains protein, essential oils, vitamin C, silicon, manganese, iron and phosphorous. All in all, the many benefits of ginger are phenomenal.
About the Author: Christina Marino, DAOM, L.Ac. is licensed by the State Acupuncture Committee with a Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. Dr. Marino is also a Homeopath, Nutritionist, Functional Medicine Practitioner and an Intuitive Energy Healer. Christina's practical and philosophical approach to healing the whole person demonstrates that physical healing is inseparable from the mental, emotional and spiritual healing of an individual.
Dr. Marino is owner of Alternative Health Care Concepts in Los Angeles, Ca. She can be reached at (818) 505-9511. To learn more about alternative medicine please visit www.alternativehealthcareconcepts.com and Christina’s Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Alternativehealthcareconcepts