Essential oils and essential oil blends have long been used to enhance mood and libido. Using essential oils — oils that are pure — is like going back to the basics and creating a love mood free of artificial scents and ingredients.
You may have heard that certain oils like chamomile can aid in relaxation, while other essential oils, such as peppermint, can increase clarity and concentration. What you may not know is that there are essential oils that are also linked to romance and libido.
Here are three fragrances that have traditionally been connected to romance and love:
Ylang ylang (Cananga odorata) has a sweet, soft, flowery fragrance that has made it a romantic favorite. In Indonesia, the petals are often strewn across a marriage bed.
Bergamot (Citrus bergamia) has the fresh, sweet, citrus scent that is familiar to many as the flavoring in Earl Grey Tea. Uplifting and relaxing, it is good for building confidence and enhancing your mood.
Jasmine (Jasminum officinale) has a warm, exotic, floral fragrance that relaxes, soothes, uplifts and enhances self-confidence. Jasmine is beneficial for the skin. It has been used throughout history for romance and attraction and for balancing the feminine energy of the body.
Essential oils tips:
- Consider a linen mist using the love oils, separate or in combination. Lightly mist pillows and sheets to create an aroma that will titillate the senses and inspire a love-making mood. Just place several drops of your favorite love oil or oil blend in 4 oz of water, using a small spray mist bottle.
- Emotionally stimulating, spicy oils like nutmeg and cardamom activate the body and senses, encouraging ardor and desire. Use a combination of these oils in a diffuser, light some candles and set the mood!
- Create a scent-sual massage oil using 4 oz of sweet almond oil ( a good carrier oil for the essential oils) and add several drops of your favorite oil or oil blend.
Essential oils can be a wonderful enhancement to your sex life. You can also purchase ready-made essential oils blends and massage oil products. Just be sure to choose a quality essential oil product. The three examples given here are for topical use or for use in a diffuser and not considered appropriate for ingestion but some essential oils will indicate on the label that the oil can be ingested as a dietary supplement. Be sure to check the label.
More how to turn a guy on advice on YourTango:
- 26 Dirty Things To Say To A Guy
- What Really Turns Guys On
- 17 Dirty Talk Phrases To Build Sexual Tension