As I’ve been preparing for the release of my upcoming group coaching program “Make Your Inner Sex Kitten Roar,” I’ve been talking to both men and women about what makes a person sexy. The number one answer: confidence.
I can't wave a magic wand and gift you with confidence, But I can give you these eight tips to help you build it!
More from YourTango: Who Really Decides If You're Getting A Divorce?
- Let Go of Perfection: I understand that you want things to be right in your life, but trying to be perfect is actually paralyzing. Perfectionism sets you up for living in fear of never measuring up or being good enough. Confidence isn't developed in a state of perfection. In fact, perfectionism is the antithesis of confidence. So, quiet your inner critic and let go of the need to be perfect.
- Take Action: Confidence comes through experience, and experience comes through action. The most confident people I know are, ironically, the ones who are willing to look stupid, insane, crazy, and idiotic in order to reach their goals. Over and over, they attempt, fail, course correct and continue to learn and grow through life’s experiences.
- Dress How You Want to Feel: Dressing how you want to feel is a great way to play with physical reality to build your inner confidence. So, define how you want to feel, imagine how that feeling looks, and dress with the intention of embodying your feeling.
- Watch Your Posture: Stand up like you mean it. Stand up like you have something to say to the world. So, practice good posture to start building your confidence level. That’s right, back straight, shoulders back and boobs out!
- Make Decisions: We often underestimate the power of decision. Often times, we don’t make decisions because we don’t trust ourselves. It’s OK to start small, like choosing a restaurant or a beautiful pair of shoes.