If you're looking to impress, dinner and a movie will make more of an impact on your wallet than your date. With a little bit of creativity inspired by these date night ideas, it's easy to score big even on a little budget.
These five are free:
More from YourTango: Top Dating Site ‘Plenty of Fish’ Announces Big Changes
1. Beach blanket bingo. Whether you are near a beach or not, you can find a romantic place to gaze at the stars and one another. Take a board game or the 'Would You Rather' book with you and watch the sparks fly.
2. Hey good lookin', what ya got cookin'? It doesn’t matter what's being served. If you heat things up in the kitchen and cook for your partner or make a meal together, you'll leave feeling satisfied.
3. Match point. Find love by squaring off on the tennis court, bike path, hiking trail, basketball hoop or first base. Playing a sport together will charge up your endorphins and get you ready for the other games you'll be playing later on. Plus, there's nothing sexier than a hot shower together.
4. Free your mind. Bookstores and college campuses often host free events with authors. Although it's encouraged, you're not required to buy the author's book, but you can get an hour of great entertainment and culture (and often a free glass of wine) just for swinging by with your date.
5. Toys for hots. If you're at a point when you feel comfortable in your relationship but possibly a little bored too, it's time to shake things up. Luckily you don't have to go to a sex shop to change your bedroom experience. Start out with a strategically placed ice cube or scarf as a blindfold. Once you get comfortable you can work up to more adventurous tools and techniques.
These five are inexpensive:
More from YourTango: 7 Tips For Dating As A Single Mom
1. Discount dinner. There are many websites where you can get discounts if you plan ahead. On Restaurant.com, you can purchase gift certificates for less than their printed value for hundreds of restaurants that you probably already frequent. Keep reading ...
More couples advice from YourTango: