... featuring advice from our Experts Joy Bufalini, Jana Beeman, Kay Hutchinson & Helen MacMillan!
Welcome to YourTango Experts 7-day intensive event, Love Your Body: Day 7! Today is all about discovering the benefits of loving the way you look without changing a thing. Let's get started!
You could drive yourself crazy following fad diets, trying to sculpt six-pack abs or shooting to shed those final five pounds. Instead, why not learn to love your body just the way it is? After all, you may never achieve Jennifer Aniston's lean limbs or Halle Berry's perfect curves, but you're stuck with the body you have, so why not rock it? Below are some of the reasons we think you should embrace your body, cellulite and all.
1. You'll attract more positive people and situations into your life. Your energy flow changes when you love and accept your physical form just as it is. That wonderful sense of self acceptance will naturally attract abundantly supportive people and situations into your life. —Kay Hutchinson
2. Your sensuality and sexuality will soar. Our essential energy is a sexual energy. When you feel good about loving your body just as it is, it creates a surge of oxytocin, dopamine, natural aphrodisiacs that nourish and increase your sense of sexuality and sensuality, which helps you become a more enthusiastic lover. —Kay Hutchinson
3. Your health will improve. When you accept and love your body, you tend to want to nourish it more with healthier foods, proper rest, and exercise. Thus, the celebration of your body becomes a celebration of healthy living and life. —Kay Hutchinson
4. You'll be able to fend of depression more effectively. Often times, depression occurs when we constantly feed ourselves negative thoughts. When we accept and love our bodies, we tend to have positive flow of thoughts that affirm how beautiful and wonderful we are. Try looking in the mirror and saying, "I love my beautiful, round curves," or, "I feel strong and healthy in my body." —Kay Hutchinson
5. You'll increase your sexual charisma. When you are comfortable with your body, this attracts the opposite sex like a magnet. One male client described being with a woman who was on the plus side but carried herself with such joy and delight of her form, that he found her more sexy than woman with a super model level of fitness but who lacked confidence. So, be confident and put your sassy on no matter your size or shape to instantly increase your sex appeal. —Kay Hutchinson
6. You will free yourself of perfectionist thinking patterns. When you silence self critical thoughts about your body, you will feel an immediate shift from a more anxious, dissatisfied state that comes when you expect perfection from yourself, to one of of calm acceptance. This wave of acceptance will flow over to other areas of your life to reduce stress and build confidence. —Kay Hutchinson
More love advice from YourTango: