Get Grateful on Yourself with Three Easy Steps
Gratitude and appreciation is something that we know is good to give to others – but somehow we forget to give it to ourselves. The closest we get is usually giving thanks for our blessings and the people in our lives, and that is an essential part of creating and living a happy, love filled life.
And we need more than that – we need self-gratitude, in other words, self-appreciation. Because when we give ourselves appreciation, we grow our Self Acceptance. Self appreciation is one of what I call the Fantastical Four of Self –Acceptance: Appreciation, Acknowledgement, Adoration and Affection. When we love ourselves in these four ways, automatically we accept ourselves more. And the more we love ourselves in this way, the more love we store up, and the more and more we live from a place of self-acceptance even on the days we don’t feel so great about ourselves… because of our overflow of appreciation, we can get ourselves back to love more quickly.
Take a Daring Act of Love Today and GET GRATEFUL on YOURSELF – using these 3 simple but mighty steps
1. CONNECT TO YOUR HEART. Close your eyes, put your hand on your heart and take a few deep breaths feeling your heart rise and fall – this is the fastest way to get connected to yourself.
2. EXPRESS APPRECIATION. Using these love starter statements say to yourself or out loud, “YOUR NAME, I am so grateful for…”
- all the ways in which you have showed up for me this year (and think about and feel and see the ways in which you have been there for yourself)
- all the ways in which you choose to take care of me and make sure i had what I needed (and think about all the ways in which you chose to care for yourself like a mother would a child – emotionally, spiritually, physically)
- all the ways in which you honored the dreams and desires of my heart and soul (and think about all the ways in which you went for what you really wanted)
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- 50 Love Quotes We Adore
- 37 Friendship Quotes: Only The Best For Your Bestie
- Love Quotes On YourTango