A personal insight into unconditional love and how you too can create it.
My childhood sweetheart and I had an on-again, off-again relationship for years. We were never really a good match and ended up separated in the end, but I experienced a love with him like no other — unconditional love.
The amazing thing about unconditional love was that it impacted me so profoundly. It has a power that I still don’t fully understand. By loving one person unconditionally, I could see others more clearly, and I could also see their pain without judgment. I could talk to them with compassion and understand them on a deep level.
I now know that if we want to access miracles in our lives, we must experience unconditional love. It is love, not war, that will change our world for the better.
So how can you create this for yourself? For me, it was seeing beyond what that my friends and my own mind told me. It was seeing someone for who they really were and not for who others thought they were or who I wanted them to be. It was understanding someone so deeply and loving them for their true self. It was looking for what was right in someone rather than looking for what was wrong.
My deepest wish is that you, too, can know what this is like, as I know it is within each of us to be able to experience unconditional love. I know unconditional love is possible and that it is incredibly powerful, but due to our human nature it’s hard to believe something that we have not experienced ourselves. So if you have not yet experienced unconditional love, I hope that these quotes help you to feel what it’s like and help you to know that it is a possibility for you too.
1. “Unconditional love really exists in each of us. It is part of our deep inner being. It is not so much an active emotion as a state of being. It's not 'I love you' for this or that reason, not 'I love you if you love me.' It's love for no reason, love without an object.” — Ram Dass
2. “The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well." — Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
3. “But groundless hope, like unconditional love, is the only kind worth having.” — John Perry Barlow
4. “There is no greater power in Heaven or on Earth than pure, unconditional love. The nature of the God force, the unseen intelligence in all things, which causes the material world and is the center of both the spiritual and physical plane, is best described as pure, unconditional love.” — Wayne Dyer
5. “To love everyone unconditionally does not mean to give everyone your unconditional time. Sometimes, to love completely, we must never see someone again. This, too, is love. This is giving someone the freedom to exist and be happy, even if it must be without you.” ― Vironika Tugaleva
6. “I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. “I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.