Taste the rainbow... sprinkles.
When you're out and about enjoying the summer heat, you know that nothing can make a day better than indulging in everyone's favorite summer treat: ice cream.
But this time, you shouldn't settle just for any old ice cream, or a single flavor on a cone. Instead, have a bite (or many bites) of this colorful and magical Unicorn Ice Cream.
Take a look at those bright colors and yummy sprinkles.
This unicorn ice cream is a "no-churn," which is good news, because it means you can whip up your very own batch in the comfort of your home.
This easy-to-follow recipe is provided by the food site Delish and requires a lot of bowls, food coloring, and of course, sprinkles (no ice cream concotion is complete without sprinkles!).
What you need:
- 3 cups heavy cream
- (1) 11-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 drops each assorted food coloring (Delish says to use pink, purple, green, blue, and yellow, but you know what? Go crazy with the colors!)
- Sprinkles, for top (Delish says it's optional, but you know they are a necessity.)
Steps to take:
- Whisk heavy cream in a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer until medium peaks form.
- Fold in the condensed milk and vanilla, then divide mixture into 5 bowls (it has to be 5!).
- Add the food coloring to each bowl and stir.
- Layer the colors in a loaf pan
- Smooth the top and swirl the colors using a knife (Use 4 to 5 swirls so the colors don't turn muddy. You want colorful swirls, not muck.)
- Top with sprinkles (go crazy!) and put in the freezer for 5 hours or until firm.
- Remove from freezer and let soften for about 5 to 10 minutes.
It's a lot of steps and the wait is grueling, but when you get this as a result, it's all worth it!
Watch the Delish video for step-by-step instructions! And waste no time in whipping up this delicious treat.