Aging can be a beautiful thing.
We all get older — even if you do everything in your power to not visibly age, it happens to us all. Aging doesn't have to be horrible; instead, it can be a time of having a new appreciation for yourself and your gifts.
With age comes confidence, wisdom, and the ability to not take things so personally. Life is a gift and we all need to appreciate every moment of it, even if we aren't as young as we once were.
1. "The making of a woman who has continued to grow is a beautiful thing to behold." —Noami Wolf
2. "If you take care of yourself, 60 is nothing for women these days. In today's world, you can be the kind of women you want to be." —Tina Turner
3. "I actually have better sex — which is the bottom line, is it not? At 60. Because you learn how to, you know, work the vehicle better." —Lauren Hutton
4. "In fact, looking back, it seems to me that I was clueless until I was about 50-years-old." —Nora Ephron
5. "Age holds absolutely no fear for me. There is so much enjoyment ahead." —Penélope Cruz
6. "With age, I am able to appreciate the beauty in small things more than when I was younger perhaps because I pay attention more. I feel myself becoming a part of everything." —Jane Fonda
7. "As scary as change can be and as much as I might resist it, there's always some unknown gift that comes out of it. I really never thought you could begin again. You can." —Debra Messing
8. "Aging is not lost youth, but a new stage of opportunity and strength." —Betty Friedan
9. "Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art." —Eleanor Roosevelt
10. "The trick is to age honestly and gracefully and make it look great so that everyone looks forward to it." —Emma Thompson
11. "Fifty is a big corner to turn. It used to mean being put out to pasture, but it's the opposite with me. I feel more vibrant; I'm more active than I've ever been. The F-word really is freedom. It's being fit and focused and kind of furious." —Jamie Lee Curtis
12. "A woman should have many faces through her life, no just one face, not just one hairdo, not just one way. You want to keep rediscovering what's fun for you." —Sharon Stone
13. "When you're 16, you think 28 is so old! And when you get to 28 and it's fabulous you think what about 42? Ugh! And then 42 is great. As you reach each age, you gain the understanding you need to deal with it and enjoy it." —Helen Mirren
14. "Even though all these obstacles keep coming at you, you just have to keep going through them. Because it's worth it to do something in your life, as opposed to fantasizing about doing something." —Diane Keaton
15. "I have learned that we should never settle for someone else's definition of who we can be. Growing to this age, I realize, is kind of like feeling your voice deepen. It's still your voice, but it has more substance and it sounds like it knows its own origins." —Susan Sarandon
16. "Women are realizing that we are at our best as we get older. We are attractive and we are more interesting and we are more self-assured than we were ten years before." —Jennifer Lopez
17. "There is a fountain of youth; it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age." —Sophia Loren
18. "If I can be the first 80-year-old to go out there successfully in a bikini then I'll take that on. I don't think anybody needs to rein in anything because of an age. That's absolute BS. To each his own!" —Jennifer Aniston
19. "From my perspective, there's no reason to be afraid of aging, because if you age, you're lucky! The alternative is death." —Drew Barrymore
20. "I just think things get easier as you get older and wiser and more experienced. You get more confident about who you are as you get older. I find that really comforting." —Rachel Weisz
21. "I know for sure that by owning who and what you are, you can step into the fullness of life." —Oprah Winfrey
If you're searching for the best quotes and memes to share with the people you love (or just want to feel inspired yourself) ... look no further! From the sweetest love quotes, inspirational sayings, and hilarious relationship truths, we've got you covered.