Would you go as far as these people?
We love our friends and we would do anything for them. In the words of the infamous Stevie Wonder hit, "Through good times and bad times, I'll be by your side forevermore. That's what friends are for."
But how far would you go for the sake of friendship?
In celebration of National Friendship Week, Skout, the app that helps you meet people to expand your social circle, conducted a friendship survey among 1,500 Skout users in the U.S.
Here are some of the craziest things people would do in the name of friendship:
- Wax. 84 percent of women said they would help a friend remove some of that pesky body hair. Meanwhile, 54 percent of men said they would help a friend with "manscaping."
- Donate a kidney. 81 percent said they would donate their kidney to a friend in need if they were a match.
- Be the designated driver. 59 percent were willing to stay sober during a night out for the sake of an inebriated friend. Besties before beers!
- Jump out of a plane. Despite fears of heights, 56 percent would willingly go skydiving if a friend wanted to.
- Help with car troubles. 92 percent said they would drop whatever they were doing to help a friend whose car broke down.
- Tell the god's-honest truth. Even if it hurts, 92 percent said they would honestly tell their friend if their outfit is terrible.
- Help them move. 77 percent said that between the choice of watching the biggest sports event of the season and helping a friend move into a new home, they would choose the latter.
- Go to a concert they hate. 77 percent said they would accompany a friend to their favorite band's concert, even if they, themselves, hate the music.
- Cat-sit. More than 55 percent said they would cat sit their friend's furry friend, even if they're allergic.
But just like with anything else, there are limits to friendship:
- Get matching tattoos. Only 46 percent would get matching tattoos with a friend.
- Follow their friend to a new city. Only 38 percent said they would move to a new place if their friend moved there.
- Break up with a significant other. Only 39 percent said they would break up with their boyfriend/girlfriend if their friend didn't like them.
How far would YOU go for your friendship?