Bridesmaids director Paul Feig, along with co-producer Judd Apatow, created Freaks and Geeks in 1999 — then NBC went ahead and ruined everything by (very!) prematurely cancelling the show after just one season.
But in the spirit of finding the silver lining, the move did allow the show's cast — including James Franco, Seth Rogen, and Jason Segel — to branch out and transform into A-list superstars.
More than a decade later, Freaks and Geeks has transformed into a cult classic. Really, how could you not love these teenagers rocking out in 1981?
If you have two thumbs and are obsessed with Freaks and Geeks, this post is for you!
1. You were too excited when H&M started carrying army green jackets so you could look cool like Lindsay.
2. You've started to reconsider your friendships with your PG friends.
3. You'd grow your curly hair out so you can look like Ken.
4. You wish Sam was your little brother so you could protect him in the hallway.
5. You've seen all of the episodes and can spot the guest stars right away. Look! It's Lizzy Caplan from Masters Of Sex.
6. You still love James Franco ... even though he doesn't know how to use a film projector.
7. You do a little dance whenever you catch a rerun on TV.
8. When you throw a party, you insist on getting a keg.
9. You know James was clearly channeling his character Daniel at the 2011 Oscars.
10. When Sam bought himself a Parisian Nightsuit, you wanted a Parisian Nightsuit.
11. Daniel's motto is your motto, especially when you're caught cheating.
12. Nick is your favorite musician ... even after he danced disco.
13. You want people to call you Kim Kelly when you wear your blue jacket.
14. When the show was canceled in 2000, you vowed you would keep up with the kids. Here's Sam as an adult ... aka an FBI agent/psychiatrist on Fox's Bones.
15. You don't really care about how Ted met his baby mama. You watch this show for Nick ... err, Marshall.
16. You catch Kim Kelly on Cougar Town. It's pretty cool that she gets to hang out with Monica.
17. You don't watch Lindsay on Mad Men. It's just too painful.
18. But you're thrilled that Daniel and Ken are still friends.
19. Really good friends!
20. But no matter where they are now ....
21. You'll never forget where they came from.
More from YourTango!