Halloween is fast approaching, which means it's time to start thinking about the costumes you and your sweetie will be donning this year. Couples costumes can be a hassle, but never fear, because YourTango is here with a list of stellar costumes for lesbian couples.
1. Peppermint Patty and Marcie: Let's be real here folks; they're soul mates. All you need is a pair of over-sized Tees and shorts (green and black for Patty, orange for Marcie), sandals for Patty and big glasses for Marcie.
2. Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas: For the literature lovers out there, go with some 1940s suits and sensible shoes.
3. Daphne and Velma: Become your own mystery-solving duo with a purple dress and Pink boots for Daphne, and an orange sweater and red mini skirt for Velma. Don’t forget those knee socks!
4. Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy: Go for a harlequin print bodysuit and jester’s hat for Harley, and a green corset or dress with accompanying tights for Ivy.
5. Jessica Rabbit and Female-Roger Rabbit: Who gets to be the bombshell? Both of you! Gather up a red wig, splashy dress and purple gloves for Jessica, and a red romper, bunny ears and bow tie for Roger.
6. Glinda and the Wicked Witch of the West: Who’s the good one and who’s the bad one? That’s for you two to decide. Add some tulle to an old bridesmaid dress to become Glinda, the Good Witch, and use any high-necked black dress to become the Witch of the West. The key here is makeup.
7. Tinker Bell and Peter Pan: Hey, women often play the role of Peter Pan. Become the lovable green duo with a few easy steps. For Peter, coordinate your shades of green with leggings and an artfully cut-up Tee. For Tinker Bell, shred up a green mini-dress, add wings and spread your fairy dust.
8. Zelda and F. Scott Fitzgerald: Thrift store time! Find a suit for F. Scott and a drop-waist dress for Zelda. Then, just slick back or crimp your hair, depending on which character you chose.
9. Sappho and Aphrodite: Rock your inner Greek goddess/poet with a white, Grecian style gown and gold painted leaves in your hair.
10. Wonder Woman and Catwoman: Dig up a black bodysuit, tail and ears for Catwoman, and the iconic unitard, crown and boots for Wonder Woman. In addition to being totally badass, you have the fun of play-fighting all night.
11. Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson: Soul mates in any iteration, as long as you have the deerstalker cap and some long coats, you’re good to go.
12. Amy Pohler and Tina Fey: Though not technically a couple, this hilarious duo rocks every setting. Recreate their Golden Globes success with some glittery gold gowns and sneakers.
13. Any two ladies from Game of Thrones: Who wouldn't want to be one of these seriously gorgeous, ass-kicking girls? Halloween’s your perfect chance to do so. Depending on which way you go, you’ll need either armor, furs or, you know, whatever the heck it Daenerys is wearing. And wigs are a must, of course!