Britney Spears turns 31 on Sunday, December 2nd! While we could list all of the crazy things she's done over the past 31 years, we unfortunately do not have enough time to dedicate for that! So, we've compiled a list of her ten best love lyrics (as well as crush/pining/sexual) from over the years.
It wasn't the easiest list to compile, as a lot of Britney's songs are about revenge ("Stronger"), turning dudes down and calling them out ("Womanizer"), and even playing her own games with the opposite sex ("Oops... I did it Again"). And while Britney does have a few heart-wrenching love ballads, most of her songs are about love-like feelings that don't necessarily fall into the "wedding song" category, but more into the I'm-obsessed-with-you-and-need-you-now side of things.
More from YourTango: I'm Still More Single Than Tom Hanks In 'Cast Away.'
Also, because Britney is now engaged to Jason Tarwick and about to settle down, we also thought it'd be fun to look back on her previous romances and connect them with some of her lyrics.
10. I make-believe that you are here / It's the only way that I see clear: From her song "Everytime", of which the lyrics Spears co-wrote. This is fitting, given that this is her breakup ballad following her split from Justin Timberlake. It was seen as a sort of apology-take-me-back song, following the release of Timberlake's "Cry Me A River", which transparently accuses Spears of cheating during their relationship.
9. My loneliness is killing me / I must confess I still believe: Her first single "One More Time" could have been almost a perfect follow-up to "Everytime," in that this seems to be Britney calling out to Justin to ask for him to come back. That she still believes in their relationship and wants to give it a second chance. In reality, she and Justin hadn't even officially started their relationship when this song was first released, but we still think her relationship with Justin best fits with this song.
8. Always and forever, you and me / that's the way our lives should be / I don't know how to live with your love / I was born to make you happy: One of Britney's most pining songs, and the perfect anthem for any girl who's crushing hard on someone was "Bron To Make You Happy." In the past, Brit's admitted to having crushed on several sexy Hollywood men, like Brad Pitt (she keeps a framed photo of her and him in her living room, or at least she used to) and Ben Affleck.
7. Baby, you spin me around / the earth is moving, but I can't feel the ground: These "Crazy" lyrics are about that moment when you fall hard, really hard, and fast. So maybe this is how Brit felt when she married her high school friend, Jason Allen Alexander, in Vegas? The song could also be about when you're a little intoxicated and make bad decisions, like getting married when you're drunk? Their marriage was annulled 55 hours later.
More from YourTango: A-List Links: Kim Kardashian Officially Debuts Her New Bikini Bod
6. Cause you feel like paradise / And I need a vacation tonight: Not so much romantic as it is a pickup line, and it may be that Britney wasn't looking for love, but just some fun when she dated paparazzo Adnan Ghalib in 2007. Remember that?? We hardly did, either. But we dont hold it against her! (See what we did there.)
More love content from YourTango: