It seems that texting is no longer a trend and has become the social norm.
“Wanna go out tonight? ” may be a simple text that most men feel is harmless, but it’s something that drives women nuts. What happened to the days of in-person conversations, or perhaps picking up the phone and calling, so you can get to know people, hear their voices, and truly sense how they are feeling? It seems that texting is no longer a trend and has become the social norm, and it is getting on the nerves of women everywhere! Which leaves us wondering, “Why do men text instead of call?” So Cupid did some digging, and we have come up with 5 reasons:
1. It’s Quick and Easy: If it comes to simple things like what time the two of you are meeting up, or where to go for dinner, shooting off a text takes a lot less time and effort than an actual phone call. Julie Spira, creator of CyberDatingExpert.com, agreed with this idea, saying that many men are busy executives and don’t have time to hold an over the phone conversation. Sending a text takes less than a minute. Also, it takes away some of the pressure of having to come up with a plan instantly, since through texting, you have time to sit and think about what to type, as opposed to an awkward silence over the phone.
2. They are Copying Women: A few men gave Cupid their opinions on why they opt to text now-a-days rather than calling, and a common response we received was that they are simply following what they see women do. Dan Nainan, a comedian/actor, claims that it seems like the only way to ask women out is through text messaging, because no one wants to talk on the phone anymore. So, if guys are copying what they are seeing, maybe women need to stop sending the wrong message, and start picking up the phone once in a while instead of sending a text.
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- Tips, Advice & Examples On How To Sext
- Spark Up Your Love Life With These 19 Sexy Text Messages
- Guys Like To Hear You Say These 26 Dirty Things