From living alone to loving your body, what every woman should accomplish before tying the knot.
With 11 days left until my wedding, the final countdown is in effect. Among the dozens of little things left on my to-do list, I’ve been thinking a lot about the things crossed off my to-do list long before I met my husband to-be — things that have made me a well-rounded, experienced woman ready for a lifetime commitment to another person. After the jump, 20 things every woman should cross off her list before getting married.
1. Live by herself for at least a year.
2. Live with someone else for at least a year.
3. Recover from a broken heart. Read: 10 Ways to Mend a Broken Heart
4. Have a vacation fling.
5. Take a road-trip with a group of girlfriends.
6. Relish sleeping in a queen-sized bed by herself.
7. Get her finances in order.
8. Learn to love her body.
9. Have sex with at least one person she’d never want to marry (or introduce to mom).
Read the last 10 at The Frisky.
Written by Wendy Atterberry for The Frisky.
More from The Frisky: