Have you ever felt insecure? Do you often doubt and not trust yourself? Insecurity can make jealously your best friend and ruin relationships forever. If that's not bad enough, when insecurity veers its ugly head and jealous drama takes over, you perpetuate a never-ending cycle of anger, depression, and chaos that not only causes problems for yourself, but also jeopardizes your relationships.
If you're sick and tired of the crazy insecure jealousy woes and you've had enough drama for a lifetime, you're in luck! There are steps you can take to get over your insecurities.
7 Steps to Stop Jealous Drama
1. Get in touch with your body's reactions. When you see your boyfriend or husband looking at another woman, what happens to your body? Does your heart beat fast? Do you tense up, sweat, or clench your teeth? Write down your body's responses in a notebook. You can use your body's responses to situations that trigger insecurities as a physical indicator, similar to an actual red light flashing, to warn you to stop in your tracks before you do something you regret.
2. Wear a rubber band around your wrist and "snap yourself out" of jealousy. Before getting into a jealous rage when you notice your body's response to the emotional trigger, snap the rubber band hard enough to feel it! Doing this will interrupt the internal jealous dialogue going on in your head and will stop you from doing something you'll regret forever.
3. Replace negative self-talk with realistic self-talk. Whenever your insecurities are triggered and you find yourself thinking, "He looked at her. I know he thinks she's prettier than me. I bet you he wants to be with her instead," tell yourself, "He just glanced her way. She's pretty, but I know he loves me."
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- Parenting Tips For Divorced Couples
- 7 Tips For Dating As A Single Mom
- Do You Know The Top Parenting Styles?