We all want to be great lovers and if we don’t get out of the box once in awhile and be adventurous we will become complacent and bored in our relationships. After all, sex is one of the biggest contributors to the divorce statistics and people still seem to ignore the importance of keeping their love alive as a couple.
More from YourTango: Dating Advice: Looking for Love In All The Wrong Places
Try adding some of these scenarios to your lovemaking & change up the sexual pattern you may have entered into with your partner.
1) Most of us are aware of the G-spot by now but there are actually other areas that help contribute to orgasms in women. The easiest one to experiment with is the U-Spot. This is a small patch of sensitive tissue located just above and on either side of the urethral opening. It is very easy to find and is a hidden treasure for many women.
2) Concentrate on areas of the body that are thin skinned as those areas extremely sensitive. Gently caressing the inner thighs, arches of the feet, inner arm/bicep area and the shoulder blades will get your partners attention & wanting more.
3) Getting your partner in the mood with a candle light foot massage is another turn on as all the nerve endings are there. Knowing the certain areas to apply more pressure to will help with their arousal. Go to a reflexology session and see for yourself which pressure points work for you or ask them directly which ones are more sensual.
4) Don’t forget the ears. Men seem to have a huge reaction to a “gentle” tongue in their ear. The heat & sensual sound is arousing to them.
5) The neck is very sensitive to both men & women especially when they are not expecting it. Surprise your partner in the kitchen or the computer room with slow kisses on their neck & shoulders. Have some warm tea beforehand so that your mouth is hotter than normal. (The bedroom is not always the most erotic place to get someone in the mood.)
Habitual sex becomes mundane & less appealing ~ keep it fresh!
6) Ladies, many men love their nipples touched as much as you do! It is amazing how often that is neglected. Some women can have an orgasm by having their nipples caressed and some have little feeling in that area. Pay attention to her reaction. (It is also important to know that occasionally when a woman gets a breast reduction or has breast enhancement surgery it can lessen the sensitivity in that area.)
More from YourTango: Dating & Relationship Advice: Red Flag Awareness!
7) Blindfold your lover and they will experience new senses! Put headphones or earplugs in to make it even more of a unique sensation.
8) The Wedge is a specially designed pillow to enhance sexual pleasure giving new positions that you would not normally achieve without it. It also positions you so that the G-spot is much more easily contacted. This can help immensely for women that have problems achieving regular orgasms.
9) Ice cubes, feathers and heated lubricants are a very personal taste. Warm heat is always a great source & can help enhance the arousal time. (Be aware of irritants like peppermint oil or anything menthol!) Warmth from the sun, hot-tubs and any other heat substance will make all areas of the skin more alive.