Apple doesn't settle for less, and neither does Tim Cook.
Truth, honesty, integrity meets, leadership, innovation, and mass market appeal.
Not sure why we care. Apple's been a force to be reckoned with since Steve Jobs dropped it on the planet. Innovation, clean lines, simplicity: all are the pillars of strength that has led millions of humans to fall in step with the once forbidden fruit. Now that Tim Cook, Apple's CEO, has officially come out of the closet (which personally I thought he already had), will anything change? Should it change? My answer, for me and me only, is "No!"
Tim Cook’s announcement, in many ways reflects, Apple's core values.
- Core Value: We believe that we’re on the face of the Earth to make great products.
How Tim’s Sexual Orientation Aligns With This Value: He is on this earth to create a great product—himself, being himself and sharing gifts of himself with the world!
- Core Value: We believe in the simple, not the complex.
How Tim’s Sexual Orientation Aligns With This Value: He's gay. Plain and simple and no reason to complicate it with questions of "Why?"
- Core Value: We believe that we need to own and control the primary technologies behind the products we make.
How Tim’s Sexual Orientation Aligns With This Value: He believe's he needs to own and control who he is, not just behind the bedroom doors, so that he can be a dynamic leader in all aspects of life.
- Core Value: We participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution.
How Tim’s Sexual Orientation Aligns With This Value: He participates fully in life, being himself, so that he can make a significant contribution to society.
- Core Value: We believe in saying no to thousands of projects so that we can really focus on the few that are truly important and meaningful to us.
How Tim’s Sexual Orientation Aligns With This Value: He believes in saying no to ideals that prevent him from being forthright so that he can focus on the truly important things in life that are meaningful to him, which in turn enables him to help others do what's meaningful to them.
- Core Value: We believe in deep collaboration and cross-pollination of our groups, which allow us to innovate in a way that others cannot.
How Tim’s Sexual Orientation Aligns With This Value: He believes in collaborating with people from all walks of life to create innovative means for bringing peace, joy, and harmony amongst gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgenders, and heterosexuals.
- Core Value: We don't settle for anything less than excellence in every group in the company, and we have the self-honesty to admit when we're wrong and the courage to change.
How Tim’s Sexual Orientation Aligns With This Value: He doesn't settle for anything less than living his best life possible which includes self-honesty to admit, it's time to be open about his sexuality which in turn encourages others to take the courageous step to be open about who they are regardless of sexual orientation, socio-economic status, race, or gender.
Why does it matter that Tim Cook came out publicly? Because old tapes of who we're supposed to be based purely on our birth sex, need to be erased.
Why doesn't it matter that Tim Cook came out publicly? Because he's still running Apple the same way he did today as he did just days ago before he showed the world that to be a leader you have to be a leader!
Thanks Tim! You Rock!
Struggling to be yourself? Wishing you could just be you in your own skin at work, home, and play? Let's chat about you just being you and how you can step out of the closet and be the apple of your own eye! Schedule your complimentary exploration session now!