When it comes to analyzing male behavior, we’re experts on the signals that clearly point toward Mr. Wrong, having sorted through thousands of dating horror stories. But on the other side of every relationship warning sign is its opposite: an indicator that a man is keeper material. Here are our top 10 qualities that show that your guy really is the right one for you.
1. He’s willing to put you first. When a man is truly committed to you, and your relationship is heading for the long- term, he will make you an integral part of his daily life, as well as a top priority. A keeper will continually affirm that he loves you and is devoted to your relationship, both verbally and through his actions.
2. He’s there for you in a crisis. A keeper will be by your side when the going gets tough. By showing he supports you in a time of real need, his actions assure you he’ll be there to hold your hand during the birth of your child, the deaths of your parents and any other high-stress or grief-ridden situations that you’re sure to face.
3. He appreciates your quirks. A good man will fall in love with you because he cherishes your gifts and is willing to overlook your flaws. But a keeper will even find your quirkier qualities — religious reading of your and his horoscopes or habit of eating peanut butter straight from the jar with the spoon — not just tolerable but endearing.
4. He shows you how much he cares. The most important element of any relationship is how the man you’re choosing to spend your time with treats you. We’re not necessarily talking about bestowing upon you bouquets of red roses (though that’s always nice) but by showing you he cares about your well-being too: things like checking your tires because he thinks they look a little low or sending you an e-mail to wish you luck on your presentation at work.
5. He’s kind. Since we were kids, we’ve been told that action s speak louder than words. This is never truer than in how your man conducts himself toward you and others. A keeper is an all-around nice person. He’s respectful to his parents (and yours), polite to waiters and waitresses and gentle toward animals. And he acts kindly even when he thinks no one else is looking — a true sign of good character.
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- Relationship Advice For Women: What Your Mom Never Told You
- The Most Important Relationship Questions To Ask For Long-Term Commitment
- I Love You: 15 Ways Guys Say It Without Actually Saying It