It was just announced that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West will tie the knot in Florence at the end of May. Considering Kim's past short-lived marital bliss and Kanye's less-than-predictable behavior, it is understandable that a number of eyebrows would be raised at this announcement.
Yes, many hearts will pitter-patter at the thought of the romantic vows being exchanged in the most dreamy city, with fabulous guests and glamorous gowns. However, will husband number two be a keeper for Kim? Is Casanova Kanye ready to dedicate his life to Kim, and Kim alone? Are they certain about this? Can anyone ever be certain? How does anybody know when they are ready to make that leap?
Here are some telltale signs that you are ready:
- When you imagine your life years from now, you continuously visualize it with your partner. You can't even imagine anything different.
- The thought of children — once so foreign and repulsive — becomes more and more amusing. You begin to envision routine parenting as something amusing and endearing.
- The thought of making love to someone other than your partner disgusts you to the core. You cannot even fathom the possibility of another hand touching your body.
- You enjoy waking up next to your partner. On the off nights you don't spend together, you miss her body next to you when you open your eyes in the morning.
- You find her dysfunctional family charming and eclectic.
- You inadvertently admire other people's wedding bands.
- You start thinking about joint finances. You are calculating the costs of selling your bachelor pad to afford a down payment on a real house.
- You enjoy the simple moments together. You don't necessarily have to do something, just be together: whether it's grocery shopping or watching television, you just appreciate being near him.
- You and your partner become each other's cheerleaders. You bring out the best in each other and have each other's backs.
- You trust your partner explicitly. There is no other person in the world in whom you would rather confide.
Can you relate to this list? If so, you're ready for marriage!
More relationship advice on YourTango: