Your soul mate might not be your "type".
I was talking to male friend of mine a few days ago who lamented that all women are looking for the same guy. His theory was all women wanted to date the doctor or lawyer who’d never been married or had kids and who they thought could make a great dad for their future kids. He said many women didn’t realize that was what they were after, but deep in their hearts, it was. I wanted to pitch an argument to that logic, but unfortunately I really couldn’t. The thing about the the guy I was talking to was he wasn’t that guy at all. However, he will be a great catch for some lucky woman and the fact that he’s been single as long as he has is a mystery to me.
It led me to ponder how often guys like my friend get looked over in the dating pool. There are several types of guys that have great potential that often get over-looked.
Below is my list of top five man types worth a second look.
1. The Geek- Having worked many years in technical industry I can tell you this, every so often when one of those geeky guys takes his glasses off and steps out from behind his computer monitor into real day light, you will find a man that is so smart that it’s undeniably sexy. His beautiful, soulful eyes are an added bonus. What these guys might seem to lack in the charm department, they more then make up for in the, “treats a lady right” department.
2. The Blue Collar Stud- I’m sure we all remember the diet coke commercial where the women in the office building fall all over each other to get to the window to check out the guy running the jack hammer. He’s smoking hot. That said, he may also be a very well educated man very well suited to family life. These guys make good money, work hard, and are easy to get along with.
3. The Single Dad- As women many of us expect men to date women with kids without hesitation, but think more then twice about dating men with kids themselves. Single dads have a very difficult time in the dating pool. That said, they are responsible, have experience with commitment, and aren’t in the game to be players. Single dads may have scheduling issues, but much like single mothers, they are very good at getting lots of things done. If he’s into you he will make time to make you a priority in his life.
4. The Divorced- Most men who get divorced see themselves staying single for a long time after the ink is dry. Very few of them do. These men have learned a lot from the school of relationship and have refined their ideas about what they want and how they want to be. They are often more mature and better at relationships because it’s not their first trip to the circus. On the whole men don’t need as long to recover emotionally after divorce, so it’s quite possible he’s ready if he says he is.
5. The Academic- At first glance he seems emotionally inaccessible. However, underneath that tweed suit and behind those glasses is a man who will talk to you for hours. He’s sensitive, he’s smart, and he’s probably got his career in gear. He might be awkward at first, however, once he’s comfortable, he’s very likely to be a best friend and a passionate lover all in one package.
Lisa Hayes C.Ht. is the Love Whisperer. She is a Law of Attraction Relationship Coach and author of The Passion Plan and Escape from Relationship Hell. She specializes in helping people get the love they want, no matter where they are in their lives. You can find her at her digit home, www.lisamhayes.com. Get her free audio, How to Talk to a Man, HERE.