Going to interview a matchmaker, but don't know what to ask? Here is a place to start.
Working with a matchmaker is a rewarding journey that puts you in the driver's seat of your life alongside a supportive, encouraging and knowledgeable guide. During your initial appointment with a matchmaker, be prepared to answer questions about yourself, but also prepare yourself to interview the matchmaker to see if they are someone you think you would like to continue working with. Listen carefully to the matchmaker's answers and you will begin to get a sense of their specific style.
The answers to these questions will help you hone in on which matchmaker will be right for you.
1. How long have you and/or your company been in business?
2. How many matchmakers does the company have and how long have they been working with the company?
3. What are the matchmakers qualifications and background?
4. How are clients screened and interviewed?
5. Does the matchmaker meet everyone in person including potential matches?
6. How do clients get matched up?
7. Who does the matching?
8. Do clients get to see an in-depth "profile" or bio along with a photo?
9. How does the company advertise and attract new clients?
10. How many clients are in the database?
11. What is the cost and what do I get for my money?
12. Are there a minimum and/or maximum number of matches that I can receive?
13. What is the cost for renewing?
14. Is everyone charged the same fees?
15. If I meet someone I am interested in dating, can I put my contract on hold?
16. Do you provide client references or have client testimonials?
17. How does communication between client and matchmaker take place? (i.e. phone, email)
18. What are the business hours and am I able to speak with my matchmaker after hours?
19. Are there photos and letters from happy clients?
20. How successful are the matchmakers? How does your company define success?
These are a great place to start, but be sure to add in any other questions you might have to the list. The point of the interview is to see if you feel comfortable working with this individual and if they get who you are and what you are looking for. A matchmaker is someone who you will be working very closely with. They provide more than just introductions to potential partners. A matchmaker also work with you to help you learn more about yourself and what you are looking for and help you grow throughout this exciting journey.
More dating coach advice from YourTango:
- How I Became An Online Dating Coach
- 8 Modern Dating Rules Every Single Should Know
- Dating After Divorce? 3 Pitfalls To Avoid