Any woman who's actively dating will at some point deal with a man who is pulling away. If you notice that a previously attentive man is showing signs of fleeing, one of these things is likely going on:
1. He's just not ready. You may have been communicating effectively that you're playing for keeps (and if so, great job!) but this has him exiting stage left because he is not ready for the commitment.
2. He is scared to take the next step. One of men's primary fears is the loss of freedom. He may be evaluating whether or not what he will gain by having you in his life is worth the inevitable loss of his sexual freedom, financial freedom or time.
3. You're experiencing "man time." When a man gets involved in anything that consumes his attention (work, sports, hobbies, to name a few), he loses track of time. When he finally realizes how much time has passed, he may be too afraid to call you and risk having to face how pissed off you may be.
4. He thinks you've changed. You're not being the same gal he started with. Instead of being easy-going, fun and clearly appreciating who he is maybe he's getting a taste of another side of you; someone who is hard to please, insecure, needy or just not fun anymore.
5. You're not the one for him (or he's not the one for you). You may feel disappointed by this realization at first but in the end it's for your benefit. If this is the case sooner or later that the relationship is going to end.
So how can you tell which one of these is the cause of him being distant? Listen to your gut. If you're dealing with a man who needs some space, you've got to give it to him or risk losing him for good. Keep reading...
More relationship advice from YourTango: