Have you ever put your foot in your mouth and regretted saying something to a woman on a first date? If so, you’re not alone. People Magazine shared a comment from the press gathering at Reese Witherspoon's upcoming film, How Do You Know, where she shared told the crowd that one blind date corrected her grammar. The date was over in ten minutes
From time to time, I listen to my female clients complain about that one thing a guy said on the date that turned them off so much, they would not consider giving him a second chance.
If you are a man and want to know exactly what women dislike, this article is for you.
Are you ready?
1. Are those really your breasts? Sure we know that men are physical and that they undress women with their eyes when they first meet. That’s fine. Regardless of whether she’s wearing a terrific push-up bra or went under the knife, avoid any comments about a woman’s breasts. Even if you believe it’s innocent, women do not.
2. I have a body like a Ferrari. Don’t laugh but one gentleman wanted to prove to his date why he should be considered as younger than his accurate age that was posted on his online dating profile. While waiting in line for coffee, he described in great detail about his athletic abilities and work-out schedule at the gym. As soon as she heard him compare himself to a Ferrari, she wanted to go home.
3. I’ve been on this site too long. We know that online dating is a numbers game, but if you haven’t met anyone online in years that led to a significant relationship, either you’re a serial dater or are way too picky. Either way, a woman will not thing you are relationship material.
4. What exactly are you looking for in a relationship? It’s just a first date. Keep the conversation light and easy. If a woman asked a man the same question, he’d run off in a New York minute. Women, like men, don’t like the pressure either. It’s a date, not a deposition.
5. I don’t believe in marriage. Although a woman isn’t ordering her bridal gown on a first date, more often than not, she hopes the relationship will go the distance if there’s a spark. If you tell her you have commitment problems, she won’t want to be the one to change you.
6. I’ll call you. Don’t say you’re going to call to be polite. Women don’t buy the line of “I’ll call you.” It’s simple, but true when they say that actions do speak louder than words. If you’re truly interested, pull out your Smartphone and put another date on the calendar at the end of your first date. It will give you both something to look forward to and will show that you are a man of your word.