Practice Giving, Receiving, Absorbing, Allowing touch to become a more conscious lover today.
You hear of conscious sexuality but whatever does it mean? It essentially means going within yourselves and reconnecting with each other consciously. One of the ways you can practice doing so is through authentic touch? Through mindful touching, you can renew the romance in your relationship and rekindle flames of passion.
There are four essential types of touching:
- Giving – In this touch, you are essentially delivering the kind of touch, which your partner likes based on their explicit request – to the right part of the body and how it should be done; including the grip and strength. This may be a back rub, shoulder massage, or body cradle. The giver’s intention is to be generous and to nurture the recipient. Givers can solicit feedback from the receiver, so they can improve their techniques.
- Receiving – Conversely the other person is being given touch and actively receiving touch. The receiver’s role is to be open in experiencing pleasure through being touched. Expressions of pleasure, such as smiling and making noises, as well as gratitude to the giver, will reinforce that the touch is desirable and wanted. It is important the receiver learns to understand their own body’s responses. Receivers may give feedback to the giver so the touch can be even better next time.
- Absorbing – With this touch, the absorber is the one doing the touching, while the one being touched is the allower. The absorber is focused on what he or she can feel through touching, rather than giving what the allower wants. There is still authentic consent while the absorber is activating the muscles of their body through for instance, the use of the back of the arm, wrist, hand, palm and fingertips. The absorber’s role is to enjoy the range of pleasure possible through the physical connection.
- Allowing – The person being touched is allowing to be touched by the absorber without judgment or evaluation. In surrendering, the allower can effectively “melt” into taking the touch right into his or her body, and essentially be able to attain an even deeper state of relaxation. This surrender may takes place not just physically, but also mentally.
More Juicy YourTango Content:
- How To Give A PERFECT Romantic Massage (Tip 1: It's NOT About Sex)
- How To Orgasm From Giving A Blow Job (Seriously!)
- How To Have A Hands-Free Orgasm (Yes, It's Possible!)
This article was originally published at Eros Coaching. Reprinted with permission from the author.