Did you know both men and women prefer to date someone who has confidence? Confidence is sexy, and in my 10 years as a dating coach, I've spoken to a number of men who all told me the same thing: A confident woman is very attractive. So, as a single woman looking for love, find ways to shore up your confidence to heighten your desirability. Check out these 10 tips to boost your self-confidence.
1. Update your hair. Many women don't change their hair style for five or more years at a time. Getting a new cut or color gives you a fresh new look that can help you feel younger and much more attractive.
2. Get new makeup. Work with a makeup artist who can show you the best colors and application methods to accent your natural beauty. These professionals have many tricks to help you look younger and vibrant.
3. Hire a wardrobe consultant. If you don't know the right colors and styles that suit your skin tone and body type, work with a wardrobe consultant! Some high-end department stores have them on staff or you might ask friends for a referral. It's amazing what the right clothing can do for your confidence.
4. Get in shape. If you've been lasy with your fitness regime, start a new one! Working out on your own or with a trainer helps you feel so much better about yourself. Plus, exercise relieves stress and releases endorphins that help you feel good naturally.
5. Pamper yourself. If you want to be treated right, start by treating yourself well! From massage, to mani-pedis, to Reiki healing, to a bubble baths with candles, do something special for yourself because you deserve it! The very act of self care improves self-esteem.
6. Learn something new. Have you ever wanted to learn how to paint, speak French, or know about ancient history? When you try something new, its invigorating. Leading a rich and interesting life helps you feel more confident about who you are and what you have to offer the opposite sex.
7. Smile more. This may sound too simple, but it's totally true. The more you smile, the better you feel. And if you smile at the men who walk past you, you could make his day and yours!
8. Praise yourself. Many women berate themselves for every little mistake. But how often to you praise yourself for a job well done? For working out like you promised or maintaining poise when you wanted to scream? Be kind and encourage yourself. Positive self-talk is a wonderful skill that builds confidence.
9. Take action. If you're putting off dating or meeting new people, try taking small steps. Join a group, browse online dating sites or tell a friend you want to be fixed up. Each step brings you closer to the love you want and boosts self-esteem as well.
10. Express gratitude. Being grateful for what is going well in your life. This helps you remember you are already successful in many ways. These positive thoughts about your life build self confidence. Start a gratitude ritual by journaling what you are grateful for or saying your list aloud upon waking or before falling asleep.