When it comes to online dating, your photos really make a difference. You'd be surprised how easily you can sabotage your results with a poor choice of pictures. Some of the most innocent errors can become huge mistakes when you are looking for love online. Online Dating: How To Weed Out Bad Matches
Here are some common errors you'll want to avoid:
- Photos with your children. People want to date you, not your kids.
- Photos with your pets. If it's just one pet photo, you seem normal. Lots of pet photos make people wonder about you.
- Messy stuff in the background. Clean up before you snap the photos! Neatness counts.
- Cutting someone out of the photo. That's just tacky!
- Distance shots. People want to see what you really look like, and they can't see anything in a long distance.
- Sunglasses. Sunglasses hide your eyes which really are the windows to your soul.
- Headshots. Yes, people want to see your entire body, please.
- Group shots. Who can figure out which person you are in the shot if there are multiple people in every shot?
- Cocktail in your hand. You're a social drinker and fun person, but you don't want to seem like an alcoholic, do you?
- The same outfit for different photos. Mix it up for different looks.
- Landscape shots or vacation photos. This is not your private art gallery. There are other sites for that purpose.
Stop and think for a moment. With online dating, site members read into everything you write and each photo you post. They literally make stuff up and add meaning to everything they see about you.
This is normal human nature and everyone does it. Given that, you want to take precautions so your photos show you at your very best, without any distractions or elements that polarize viewers or create stories. Top 20 Tips For Online Dating Over 40
More dating advice from YourTango:
- The Secret To Successful Online Dating
- Watch Out! Online Dating Red Flags
- What Is Mobile Dating? Should I Try It?