Guess what! We saved the best for last. If you think you've learned everything you need to know about online dating already, think again. We have compiled a list of our Experts' best advice about meeting the man of your dreams online. Drum roll please ...
More from YourTango: The #1 Sign Your Marriage Won't Last
1. Attract quality over quantity. Are you tired of having your inbox flooded with off-target responses? You may need to change your profile. Being specific in your profile will help attract better potential partners and filter out the mismatches so your quest for love doesn't make you give up on love before you find it. —Charly Emery
2. Communication counts. Do your chats sizzle online only to fizzle offline? Downgraded forms of communication leave a lot of room for misinterpretation. Sticking to emails and phone conversations enable you to assess a potential date more effectively and establish quality communication that counts from the start. —Charly Emery
3. Commit to curiosity. Have you ever had your hopes dashed on a date? You may need to check your expectations at the door. Staying curious about how your date fits, conflicts and relates with your desires prevents you from assuming who he is before he gets the chance to show you. —Charly Emery
4. Be selective. I strongly advise my clients against wasting time placing their profile on free, low cost, or "friend finder" social sites. If it is free, then that is the quality of the matches you will find. This is the most important area of your life and it is worth the investment to select quality sites that have a higher quantity of quality matches that meet the standards that you are looking for! —Shay "Your Date Diva" Williams
5. Know your compatible mate. In my practice, I test for and coach my clients on how to identify what their sexual personality is so that they understand the equal and opposite sexual personality they should be attracting. According to Dr. John G. Kappa, PhD who wrote the book Relationships Strategies: The E&P Attraction, we all have an equal and opposite compatible match. We should be aware of the characteristic traits of our opposite match so to increase understanding and effective communication and decrease conflicts with in relationships. —Shay "Your Date Diva" Williams
More from YourTango: Do Prenups Predict Divorce?
6. Be positive. I always cringe when I see a profile that states what the person doesn't want in a partner instead of focusing on what he/she does want. Saying players need not apply will not decrease the chances of a player responding to your profile and eventually playing you. As a matter of fact, your statement will most likely do the opposite! —Shay "Your Date Diva" Williams
More dating advice from YourTango: