Once upon a time you guys talked for hours...about nothing. Now you read each others minds. Not that it is bad to know each other so well. It can just be a bit quiet around the house.
Creating experiences with one another is what will light up the embers of romance. The simpler the better. When you don't fuss about details, you have more to bring to your time with your mate.
More from YourTango: 5 Ways Frankenweenie Helps With Moving On After Death
Here are 10 simple ideas for you to relax and have fun with your sweetie this holiday weekend. The romance is up to you!
1. Picnic. How long has it been since you ate outside on a checkered cloth? Grab a couple sandwiches and cans of coke and head out to your local park. If you live in the north, even better. Surprise your mate with a living room picnic. A trip to the dollar store will set you up with everything you need to pretend it is summer.
2. City Tour. Especially if you have lived in your city for years, grab a map of local attractions and hop on a bus. Explore your own city. Eat at a trendy diner in a part of the city you are least familiar with. People watch.
3. Hike. Find an area park, grab your water bottles and head out to walk. Maybe snowshoes will be necessary but bundle up and get out there. Fresh air is always good for a couple. Walk along quietly yet attentively. Let your partner choose whether to have conversation or not. Nature watch.
4. Dollar Store. Back to the Dollar Store with 5 bucks apiece and buy gifts for each other. This sweet way of plugging into what makes your partner happy is a lot of fun. One Christmas, my sweetie and I picked a $20 limit for Christmas. I picked 20 things at the dollar store and wrapped each one.
More from YourTango: The Secret Relationship Tip Your Man Cannot Resist!
5. TNT. Watch an old movie together and kanoodle on the sofa. Nothing better than this. My husband is 8 years older than me. I love to whisper to him, "Let's pretend I am 15 and my dad is in the next room."
6. Garden Center. Your area garden center is a treasure. The plant section of your neighborhood Lowes or Home Depot is available year round. Spend time looking around, smelling the merchandise and touching the lovely plants.
More Juicy Content From YourTango: