Hi, I'm Robyn of New Direction Dating. I have been coaching women for 10+ years. My clients are smart women who are looking for a lasting relationship that leads to marriage—a marriage built upon a solid foundation of trust and love.
I'm not an advocate of just "getting out there" and going on lots of meaningless dates. I want you to be selective, identify character traits that lead to lasting happiness, and enjoy a lifetime of love and respect with a man who truly cherishes you.
I am a certified coach, and trained with Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider of The Rules—women who originated many current best practices for dating coaching. I work with women all over the world, via phone, LiveChat, email, and texting, as well as in-person consultations. Here are some examples of situations where you might need my help:
- You are newly single or otherwise just starting to date and you don't know where to begin. Should you try online dating or singles events? What do you say or do to attract the right guy?
- You are in a relationship but your guy is pulling away or behaving differently and you want to know if your relationship can be saved. (Is he cheating on you? Is he reacting to something you did?)
- He says he is confused about his feelings for you. He sends mixed signals and runs hot and cold. Find out if you're in a romantic entanglement rather than a grown-up relationship that will lead toward commitment.
- You are afraid you are settling or wasting time with a man who can't give you what you want. Even so, you fear that if you leave him you will never find a new man who is as compatible.
- You want to know if he will propose. You need to know if you're wasting time with a man who doesn't see you as his wife. Or you want to know if there's something you can do to make him propose faster.
- He broke up with you or left you and you don't know why.
- You are obsessed with a particular man and can't move on.
- You made mistakes in a past relationship and now you want to win back your ex. I will help you determine if he still loves you; if he does, I will coach you through steps to reach out to him in a way that will encourage reconnection, and create the best foundation for moving forward in a healthy way.
- He didn't call or text and you don't know why.
- You are recovering from a break-up or divorce and don't know where to start.
- You are dating for marriage and need help finding and attracting marriage-minded men.
- You have questions about The Rules of dating and want help putting them into practice.
- You have a complicated situation and need advice that is tailored for you and your relationship.
I look forward to hearing your story!
The Reason I Became A Helping Professional
How do relationship rules promote healthy relationships? A woman in love can easily get caught up in details — Would he like me better as a blonde? How can I give him unforgettable sex? — and lose sight of the big picture: He is disrespectful toward me; He doesn’t truly love me. Magazines and dating experts are constantly telling us to “maintain healthy boundaries” with men. But what does that actually look like? Are there boundaries that you should be enforcing that you’re not even aware of? And are you walking the talk, or do men see right away that you don’t really expect them to treat you like the unique and precious being that you are.
Aren’t rules made to be broken? Not if they reflect your authentic self — that beautiful, fiery essence inside every woman— and allow you to be relaxed, confident, and sexy with men.
Why do smart women need dating and relationship rules? Because we over-think relationships and men and, in the process, drive good guys out of our lives. That “washing machine” of worry in your head can finally slow down when you know exactly which rules work for you and reveal the best version of yourself in relationships and in life.
Why do men marry Rules Girls? Because we relate to men in a way they truly desire. And because following the right rules ensures that men respect you from the very first hello.
"I've spent almost 20 years studying Dating and Relationship Rules.
You really can use 'The Rules' in a way that is authentic and emotionally nourishing." ~ Robyn
Hi, I'm Robyn. I am 50 years old, happily married, with 3 wonderful children. I'm also a late-bloomer. All the questions above are ones that I struggled with personally when I was single. After many years spent in a corporate career, I looked around and realized that if I didn't make a major change in my life, I would never have the one thing I truly desired: a wonderful husband and a family of my own.
I spent years re-learning how to date and relate to men. I discovered that I had been going about it all wrong, and that if I just made some small adjustments to my own approach and attitude, I could get the results I wanted. I am so excited to be able to share this knowledge with other women, so that they, too, can enjoy a satisfying love life.
If you are a woman between the ages of 25 through 65+ I can help you date for marriage and lasting love. Aside from caring for my family, nothing gives me greater pleasure than helping my clients find the love they deserve.
I look forward to hearing your story!
With warmest wishes,
"When my husband left me two years ago I was completely shellshocked. I had absolutely no idea how to date. I made every mistake you can make in that first year. I was desperately lonely, insecure, and eager to please. I scared away every normal man in my orbit, and attracted a fair number of gold diggers. THANK YOU for lifting me out of that rut and setting me on the right path. I like how you redid my eHarmony and match.com profiles. I am attracting much higher quality men, and I no longer feel desperate or nervous. Things are even better with my ex! His head games don’t bother me, and I can tell he has more respect for the "new me" that he can’t manipulate. Thank you!!!"
—Carla in Hilton Head, SC (age 62)
[Update: Carla is currently engaged and their destination wedding is planned for January 2015.]
“When I first wrote to you I'd given up on online dating—I wasn't meeting decent guys. My current guy and I have been dating for 4 months. He has said he loves me, and he brings up marriage all the time. I am letting him lead, and because I’m not insecure and pestering him all the time about “how does he feel” or “where is this going”, etc., I know he is really happy, too.”
—Ashley in West Hollywood, CA (age 38)
—Véronique in Sarasota, FL (age 35)
|Time in Practice||10 years +|
|I practice in||Multiple states/provinces, please inquire|
|Additional Expertise||Life Coach|
YourTango Expert Partner
|I offer my services||At my office|
Via a webcam
Other, please inquire
|I am fluent in||English|
How long should I wait to respond to his text message? Can I ...