Nothing is ever black and white.
Introverts and extroverts have it easy: they know what they want. Extroverts need to be the center of attention and introverts want to run 1,000 miles in the opposite direction of the spotlight.
But for many of us who don't feel like we belong entirely to either personality type, life is a bit more complicated. It's tough to straddle that line and be filled with courage one moment, and cowering the next.
Making plans is difficult, too, because you can never anticipate which side of the fence you'll fall on in a given night. Some days, you'll feel like you need some alone time, only to get lonely and miss your friends when you're home by yourself.
Other times you get psyched up to party, only to want to run away and hide from the crowd once you're in it.
If that sounds like you, then you might be an ambivert, ever-wavering back and forth between outgoing and introspective.
Check out these ten signs to be sure:
1. You love going out to get crunk with friends...
2. But you get nervously suspicious when someone knocks on door.
3. You go out to bar to meet guys...
4. And then panic when someone actually buys you a drink.
5. You'll take all your friends out for a group dinner...
6. But you're too afraid to send your order back if they screw it up.
7. You sing your heart out at karaoke...
8. But roll your windows up in your car so no one can hear you belting out Beyonce.
9. You go out for a night out on the town...
10. And then instantly want to climb back into bed and Netflix.