Shutting down the divorce rumor mill ...
OK, it’s time to face this false celebrity news head on! The divorce rumors surrounding George Clooney and Amal Clooney's so-called “crumbling” marriage began in the beginning of this year. This is just five months after their lavish nuptials last September in Venice, Italy. Can we not just congratulate the couple on their recent marriage? Why must we wait on the sidelines for their thriving relationship to fail? Every day since the Oscar award-winning actor placed that huge ring on his successful barrister wife’s finger they have proven these rumors are hogwash. YourTango has been keeping tabs on the couple to see for sure if the rumors are true. Here are five reasons why we call this news BS!
1. George and Amal synchronize their weekly schedules. With hectic work schedules similar to those of George and Amal, it’s difficult to set aside time for your spouse. However, this is not a problem for the newly married couple. According to People Magazine, George was quoted saying, “Our only adjustments are figuring out our schedules. Our deal is that we can't be more than a week apart. So far, that's worked out pretty well.” They are so happy and eager to see each other!
2. OMG, their PDA is so cute! For real though, this sweet couple is basically attached at the hip! They keep each other close by for some hand-holding action and swift, loving kisses. George and Amal (formerly Amal Alamuddin) have been flaunting their love in our faces for months! Looks like love to me.
3. George and Amal’s similar interest in human rights keeps their bond strong. This power couple will always have some ethical rights issue to discuss — and debate, if they enjoy doing so — so they can understand and respect each other’s perspectives on the topic. As human-rights activists, George and Amal also have mutual support and respect for each other’s passionate projects, which involve helping those who are oppressed. If supporting your spouse for their commendable deeds calls for divorce, I give up on love in this world!
4. George and Amal constantly gush over each other and their accomplishments. George is simply in awe of his international rights lawyer/activist/author wife. So sweet! The bride and groom constantly support each other in their endeavors and show that they are proud of their accomplishments. According to Vanity Fair, George recently told celebrity news show ET, “She's an amazing human being. And she's caring. And she also happens to be one of the smartest people I've ever met. And she's got a great sense of humor.” ~ queue Bruno Mars: "Just the Way You Are" ~
5. George brought Amal home to Kentucky. George enthusiastically brought Amal to his hometown of Lexington, Kentucky, very recently… like just last week recently! He returned for a family reunion, where Amal was gladly welcomed as a new addition to the Clooney family. He even showed her to his go-to local bakery to share some memories and tasty treats. I smell some love cooking in that bakery!
Sorry, all of you haters out there, but I think YourTango has closed the book on this George and Amal rumor. Time to watch their beautiful marriage blossom.