Oh, my dear sweet children.
As a mom to 6 kiddos, I've been there, done that, and have the T-shirt to prove it. On the surface, I may seem like an expert. I've given advice on breastfeeding, potty training, and temper tantrums. I've shared my knowledge on raising tweens and how much freedom is enough (and creative punishments when they push the boundaries of your well thought-out freedom parameters.)
I've talked about dating, homework, chores, and sports as they pertain to kids of all ages. But the number one, best piece of advice I've ever given, or will ever give is this: Don't sweat the small stuff, and in the long run, it's pretty much all small stuff.
Laugh. Always maintain a sense of humor. A sense of humor goes a really long way. As Charlie Chaplin said, "A day without laughter is a day wasted." What kind of parent am I? I'm the kind who laughs with her kids. I enjoy them. I truly love being their mom!
See for yourselves:
1. HOW TO RESPOND WHEN YOUR PHONE AUTOCORRECTS:
2. HOW TO RESPOND WHEN YOUR DAUGHTER WANTS TO BINGE ON CHOCOLATE:
3. HOW TO RESPOND WHEN YOUR KID TRIES TO KEEP YOU FROM HIJACKING A LITTLE DEBBIE DELIVERY TRUCK:
4. HOW TO RESPOND WHEN YOUR UNDERAGE KID ASKS FOR BOOZE:
5. HOW TO RESPOND WHEN YOUR KID TELLS YOU SHE'S ON DRUGS:
6. HOW TO RESPOND WHEN YOUR KID ASKS YOU IF HE CAN GO SOMEWHERE:
7. HOW TO RESPOND WHEN THEY CONTINUE TO ASK:
8. HOW TO RESPOND WHEN YOU FINALLY JUST GIVE UP:
9. HOW TO RESPOND WHEN YOUR KID SENDS YOU A PICTURE OF HIS SIBLING IN THE GUINEA PIG'S CAGE:
10. HOW TO RESPOND WHEN YOUR KID IS BORED AT THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE:
11. HOW TO RESPOND WHEN YOUR KID HAS WATCHED A LITTLE TOO MUCH SHARKNADO:
12. HOW TO RESPOND WHEN YOUR KID ASKS YOU FOR A RIDE:
13. HOW TO RESPOND WHEN YOUR KID TELLS YOU HER LIFE GOALS: